• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using captions in a slideshow? Elements 2018

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captions on my photos and I would like to bring these over to a Slideshow.  I see that I can type a new caption in for each photo but is there a way to use the existing captions??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SandCTX  wrote

I have captions on my photos and I would like to bring these over to a Slideshow.  I see that I can type a new caption in for each photo but is there a way to use the existing captions??

The answer is no.

As a matter of fact, you can either create the new flavour of  'automatic slideshows' in PSE 2018, or use the Full screen (F11) slideshow feature. The latter has the option to show the captions. Not very flexible to say the least.

My guess is that including the captions in the real slideshows would not be used by most users. For a pleasant show, you would need to add your text very selectively. The captions may be obstrusive, difficult to read; they should be different than the normal slideshows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  The F11 full screen slideshow shows the captions that are attached to the picture as I would like but there does not seem a way to save this so I can share with others.  Do you know a way to do this?  The pdf slideshow also does not include the captions.  I would like to share some travel photos and include the captions so people know what they are looking at. I could do this with past versions of Elements.  Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to export or share photos using the existing captions on the photos. Not very good or am I missing something????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your previous question, no I don't know a way to share slideshows with the files captions on recent PSE versions. You may add text but not from the caption.

What is important is that when you add a caption

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines