What is the pixel size of your photo?
I don't know if PSE 2018 has a built-in tool to slice a picture, but here is how I do it in my old PSE version.
In this example I have a 8 x 12 picture that I want to slice into 3 panels each 4" wide.
The steps are similar for any number of panels.
1. Activate the Rectangular Marquee tool and set the fixed with and height of each panel.
2. Draw out the 1st panel:
3. Image > Crop, and save the cropped 1st panel.
4. Undo the crop.
5. Invert the selection (Select > Inverse) so that the remaining portion of the picture is now selected:
6. Image > Crop.
7. Repeat the above steps for the 2nd and 3rd panels:
Select and crop the 2nd panel and save it:
8. Undo selection, Invert, and crop 3rd panel and save it:
Now you can crop the individual panels to the size you want as in this collage:
width - 3264; height - 2448; 4.5 MB
P.S. Mark - No, PSE 2018 does not have a slicing tool.. I also purchased
that "Elements +" in an attempt to access hidden tools and I couldn't get a
"slicer" there either. (Or I'm doing something wrong.)
Thanks again for your time and help !
The slice tool is not really appropriate. In Photoshop the slice tool is designed to add hyperlinks to different sections (slices) of images. You should be able to do what you want with the crop tool or a collage as suggested by Mark.