• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paths going invisible in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with objects with multiple paths in Illustrator.  I selected all my paths in one object, moved them slightly, and most of the paths went invisible.  They still exist: I can select them, but not see them except for the selected outlines. 

Command Z reverts the last step, but does not reverse the invizibility

I reverted to my most recent saved version, tried manipulating those paths - no problem.  Then I transform>reflected the whole object, and whoosh, most of the paths are gone again. 

Reverted and tried again, could manipulate for a while, and then was changing one path's shape, and it disappeared. 

Any idea what's going on, how I fix it and get my visible paths back, and avoid causing this problem in the future?  Illustrator paths going invisible.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by turninmg off GPU acceleration in the preferences and then take the usual steps - updating the graphics driver etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice.  I'm on a Mac and have the latest OS, so the graphics drivers should be up to date.   I've tried turning off GPU acceleration, and the problem still happens whenever I reflect the object - always the same lines going invisible.  So I don't think it's the graphics driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of layers and appearance panel with thw objects selected.

Also it will help to see a screenshot of the whole artwork with selected invisible objects.

Can you also try and copy them to a new file and do the reflection there? Does that work?

Do you know how to use the layers panel to inspect your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions found to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't even fully understand what the issue is.

So maybe you can answer the questions asked 3 years ago?

And maybe you want to create a new thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without starting a new thread - I got the same issue on a project today. I have been editing an Adobe Stock AI file - rearranging and naming the layers so I can flatten them in Photoshop and then animate them in After Effects. At one point the tip of the water pail went invisible. I have selected it in the screenshot so that you can see what I mean - I believe the OP had the same issue with their project.

mattd80155908_0-1659697177646.png

The water pail is above the background, which is locked. I even tried moving it to the foreground and no change. Unlike the OP, I didn't manage to restore the path's visibility as I thought it was just a gra[hical glitch and saved the project to re-open it.

If needed I don't mind starting a new thread for this.

Thanks in advance,

Mateja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines