Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive menu buttons

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a menu bar master in inDesign, visible for each page. On click to button "Chapter 1" , object changes color and background and it takes me to the bookmarked page.

I want the same action (change color and background of the button "Chapter 1")  to happen when viewing the bookmarked page (without the click action). Is that part of animation or interactive part of inDesign?

I attached some images. Thank you

mouse over.pngon start of the chapter.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

You might be better with FXL ePub, in5 or Publish Online rather than PDF .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better with FXL ePub, in5 or Publish Online rather than PDF .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to create separate sets of the menu bar. Each section will have a pre-colorized menu component for it's respective section. For example, the "Our Chief Executive" section would have it's menu component colorized blue, and this would be used for the other pages within the section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this work Jeffrey on say an iPad using, for example, Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some interactive features (not all) do work in Preview, and on mobile browser PDF viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey. Your idea was very helpful. I was thinking too complicated. But you and Derek were right. The pdf is not working on mobile browser iOS or Android. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you publish via Publish Online. Easier to access than PDF, as users just need a browser (on any device), and all buttons and other interactive elements will work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Diane. I havent tried that. My client needs to presents the interactive pdf on a tablet in a conference. Can he save the interactive pdf from online? I have an interactive pdf from Cisco that works from iOS and I am trying to figure out how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need the interactive PDF at all. He can just present the Publish Online document, using the browser from his tablet at the conference, assuming he will have internet access. Try viewing this document and hopefully it will give you a better idea.

https://bit.ly/PubOnGallery

It also shows some examples of other  projects that have been published using Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have very nice examples of projects. It worked in Publish Online. They wanted to have their personalized link for the conference like: www.theirwebsite.com/sustainabilityreport.pdf . I have created the document in inDesign for printing and i have some exporting errors for EPUB FXL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way I could do this interactive PDF in Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, programming in inDesign or something? In order for the pdf to be send via attachment email, be uploaded to website and viewed correctly on mobile and tablets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines