3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2017 10:52 AM by Thom Parker

Create a java script that will calculate based on a true value in a checkbox

cindyc6124644

I have a form where my end user checks boxes next to a list of items wherby selecting each item they would like to include as extras in their new home. Each Item has a different price and some may have more than 1 quantity. At last there is an Amount column. At the bottom, the individual amounts are calculated as a Total of Extras to add to the Homebuyers Purchase. It is currently set up in an excel spreadsheet and is formulated to calculate the amount (Price X Quanity =Amount) based on the true value of the checkbox. And then of course to add all of the amounts to return a Total.

Example:

Item               Price                  Quantity                  Checkbox                          Amount

Item               Price                  Quantity                  Checkbox                          Amount

Total

We would like to put all of these forms (Different forms for each individual Builder's model homes with unique items/prices/square footage) into PDF documents so that our builders can just go to the website and interact with the forms.

I am new to all of this so I would be very greatful if someone could please offer me some assistance in how to program the Java Script each field.

Thanks in Advance!