1 2 3 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 1:07 PM by D Fosse Branched from an earlier discussion.

Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Terri, seeing as you have raised the subject, how is it even remotely viable that after  so many American celebrities and politicians have been sacked or forced to resign over claims of  sexual harassment, and yet Trump, who bragged about his own blatant contemptible behavior with women, is still the President of the United States?  I can see that the GOP wants to hang on to power at any cost, but at what point does their ever decreasing credibility make their position no longer tenable? 

• 1. Re: Major Windows 10 update today
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thought I'd share this news piece about Senator Patrick Leahy who is an avid Batman fan, who has gone as far as to cameo in a few  of the movies.

Batman aficionado Sen. Patrick Leahy divides time between Capitol Hill and Gotham City | The Japan Times

I'll leave you to go through the story as to what kind of villain he thinks Trump would play.

• 2. Re: Major Windows 10 update today
            terris86415680 Adobe Community Professional

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Terri, seeing as you have raised the subject, how is it even remotely viable that after  so many American celebrities and politicians have been sacked or forced to resign over claims of  sexual harassment, and yet Trump, who bragged about his own blatant contemptible behavior with women, is still the President of the United States?  I can see that the GOP wants to hang on to power at any cost, but at what point does their ever decreasing credibility make their position no longer tenable? 

Hi Trevor,
            We'll probably get in trouble for discussing this aren't, we supposed to be apolitical? The 'orange muppet' is such a disgrace though. Trump will probably dispatch Chuck Norris and Delta Force to deal with me lol Good job Chuck didn't have a bone spur or we would never have heard of him-he could have hung out in the Manhattan strip clubs with Trump instead during the Vietnam war though.

I don't get the Americans, they spend seven times as much as Russia on defence and elect a president who is more loyal to the Kremlin than Kansas-very weird. The president simply has no moral fibre, a sex predator out of his own mouth from the 'Access Hollywood Tapes'. Trump's record speaks for itself, a serial adulterer and philanderer with two previous wives and a string of affairs behind him. Ivana accused him of rape and Marla Maples-who admittedly was a bimbo- saw her entire sex life played out in the newspapers much to Donald's glee boosting his ego. The man rather horribly revels in lusting after his own daughter talking about dating her if things were different 'yuk', twelve woman have accused him of unsolicited sexual advances, but being rich he can keep it out of court. His defence seems to be he wouldn't have been interested because they were 'ugly'-what a charmer?  I really feel sorry for Melania Trump as she looks permanently sad and the body language when with Trump says it all.

We probably should pity Trump as there are clearly mental issues there, malignant narcissism has been blamed, but he's also delusional and psychotic. I suspect his mental state and strange allegiances has a lot to do with his bankruptcies and receiving money from the despots of the world to bail him out, but there is no such thing as a free lunch and those people now have enormous leverage with him as POTUS and that brings the whole of the United States into disrepute and maybe into danger. Only 36% of Americans support him and many of those just do so in the hope of a revival of their fortunes in the coal, steel and car industry and you can't blame them for hoping, but it's the uneducated that worry me as they can be talked into anything and believe Trump's standards are normal. How anyone on a low income can believe in someone who uses a golden toilet bowl each morning is beyond me , my one is diamond encrusted silver with a wi-fi operated flush lol

[block rmoved by ussnorway]

3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

Hi Trevor,

I did reply to you but it was removed by a Trump sympathising moderator. Quite disturbing really as I'm a moderator as well and I know the rules. There was nothing in the message that anyone could object too unless  totally devoid of a sense of humour or politically motivated, but the thought police get everywhere. I'll e-mail you what I said instead.

Would the mod who did that please identify themselves to me thro email as I want to discuss your actions with Madison or Tricia as you need training. Whoever you are I notice you didn't report my actions in our private back office forums. I out of courtesy would always tell a fellow ACP and moderator if I bounced one of their posts and consider your actions completely cowardly.

• 4. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

Careful Gene, it looks as if someone here has had a sense of humour bye-pass and is censoring via the moderation console and we all know how controversial Batman is. Sad about Al Franken though. I still like him, really he did nothing more than play out a Benny Hill sketch. Offensive maybe, career destroying certainly not!

• 5. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                  D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This ended up in the origininal Photoshop thread, where it made zero sense. So I'm copying it back into context:

Whatever Terri said, the post should be reinstated and the mod in question be made to see the error of his ways. This is not the way to do it. Speak up and reply to the post if it offends you, but don't simply remove it.

I have a lot of things to say about Donald Trump, but my command of the English language isn't good enough. For that matter, my command of Norwegian isn't good enough either - I'd need a whole new language, not yet invented, one that makes a mockery of all accepted rules. Like the man himself.

The great Hunter S. Thompson, god bless his twisted soul, could probably do it. After all, he got away with calling Richard Nixon a nazi in so many words - that was before Watergate - but he did it in such a viciously elegant way that it just left everybody stunned. It needed to be said, and everybody realized it.

• 6. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Careful Gene, it looks as if someone here has had a sense of humour bye-pass and is censoring via the moderation console and we all know how controversial Batman is. Sad about Al Franken though. I still like him, really he did nothing more than play out a Benny Hill sketch. Offensive maybe, career destroying certainly not!

LOL, there is considerably irony in that Terri, as just about everyone involved in this thread has mod rights, so can see the rejected content.  But I guess we should be careful.

I see that Al Franken has also questioned why Trump is still in the Oval Office when he (Al) is resigning.  I've enjoyed his hard questioning of Trump's picks for various positions, and thought him a man of integrity, so it was disappointing to discover he was guilty of such disrespectful behaviour in the groping picture.  You also have to wonder at a person's judgment when they allow themselves to be photographed when behaving badly.

Likening his groping incident to a Benny Hill sketch is interesting.  I believe Benny Hill was bigger in the USA than in the UK, but his ladies were willing participants and in on the joke.  When Ged started posting here I gave him a heads up on some of the forum regulars, and I told him not to mess with Terri because she'd tear him up for loo roll (the usual wording is a bit more crass).  So if you'd been 'that lady' and had opened your eyes to find Al Franken being 'a lad', I strongly suspect you'd have kicked him in the nuts, and said 'Sorry Al.  That was my Tourettes playing up. Feck! Feck!'. 

But Al Franken is not the one robbing America and its people of all credibility.  Trump may have the lowest approval rating of any President (if I am reading the reports correctly) but that leaves about a hundred million Americans who are apparently not appalled by his behaviour.

• 7. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                      Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Terri,

As a moderator, I saw the post that was rejected.  IMO, it should NOT HAVE BEEN REJECTED.  

• 8. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                        Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I find it interesting that the only posts so far are from ACPs.

• 9. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                          Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

GOD bless the urinated states

• 10. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                            JR_Boulay Adobe Community Professional

Instead of restoring the US leadership position as he promised, your president is completely isolating his country on the international scene.

Yesterday he excluded the US from the political game in the Mediterranean basin for many years.

• 11. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

I find it interesting that the only posts so far are from ACPs.

ACPs are also experts in politics.

• 12. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

Very well put, Terri. That's what I meant - I wish I were that eloquent. I could quote any single one sentence there.

There would truly be something horribly wrong with the world, if we weren't allowed to say that, but the man himself is allowed to get away with actually doing it...

• 13. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

Ussnorway  wrote

GOD bless the urinated states

Hi there, that's a very clever play on words, but we must not start smearing the United States as the problem lies with an electoral college system that allowed a total moron (actually Rex Tillerson called him an F'in Moron) who received 3 million votes less than the Democrat candidate Clinton and is now driving a coach and horses through the democratic processes of the United States and destroying its international credibility. I've been to the US over 20 times and never have had anything but a great time there. It is true I don't rub shoulders with the gangs of LA or the brothers in Harlem, but most Americans are good people who aren't like Trump and most welcoming. Yes there are 'rednecks' who make up Trump's base and are a mix of white supremacists and neo-Nazis-most Americans despise those characters-I believe the phrase is white trash. In conclusion I hope this discussion doesn't turn into an exercise in bashing the US as that would be unjust.

• 14. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

very true and it looks as if it will be a very bloody Christmas in Palestine thanks to Trump. Moving an embassy sounds unimportant but represents an end of a dream for the Palestinians as they now know categorical there will never be a two state solution as long as the Israelis are backed up by the Military might of the United States. The Jewish American billionaire Sheldon Abelson gave 25 million dollars to the Trump campaign and Donald is now rewarding his investment by signing over the occupied territories of Jerusalem and the West Bank of the Jordan-an amazing business coup for land that must be worth billions.

• 15. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

Thanks Nancy, it's nice to know I wasn't out of line

• 16. Re: Major Windows 10 update today

Probably because only the ACP mods can see the full discussion Bob. It is obviously totally off topic for the Adobe forums but on social media we often drift into strange and bizarre topics and I for one find it interesting to hear what others working in areas similar to me are thinking about world affairs.

• 17. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

When Ged started posting here I gave him a heads up on some of the forum regulars, and I told him not to mess with Terri because she'd tear him up for loo roll (the usual wording is a bit more crass).  So if you'd been 'that lady' and had opened your eyes to find Al Franken being 'a lad', I strongly suspect you'd have kicked him in the nuts, and said 'Sorry Al.  That was my Tourettes playing up. Feck! Feck!'. 

You make me sound like a real 'ballbreaker' Mr Dennis, with friends like you who needs enemies It made my hubby laugh though and you're right Al would probably not have had any more children if he treated me like a Hill's Angel. I must put Ged straight, I'm a real pussycat really.

• 18. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                                            jane-e Adobe Community Professional

I am just now reading all this, and I must say that our president is despicable. Many of us won't even call him by name but only by his number: 45. (He is the 45th president.)

He did not win the popular vote. Clinton won by almost 3 million votes. But we have this archaic electoral college system that actually elects our president, and 45 won that by a narrow margin.

Since then he has not only been destroying our country and the world, he has been changing the government in a way that it will be hard to put it back.

So what am I wishing and hoping for?

Wait for it.

I don't want to wait until Korea starts a nuclear war with us. I want Europe to declare war on us now and save us from this tyrant. We don't seem to be able to do it ourselves. I hope that a declaration of war ends up being a wake-up call to the Republican Congress and that the war does not have to be fought, but we have to get rid of 45, Pence, and a couple of others. And we can't wait until the next election.

He is as bad or worse than Hitler.

• 19. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

Or Wonder Woman. Maybe she can save us.

IMG_4635.JPG

• 20. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                                                pziecina Level 6

Just thought i would throw my two pence worth in.

As an outsider, (don't live in the USA) does anyone really believe politicians anyway?

Trump from what i have seen reported would never have gotten the power he has if previous governments, (not just presidents) had not ignored the problems of those who had seen their communities and jobs destroyed by political decissions made for 'the world stage'.

Here in the U/K, i was not surprised when mainly those north of the London area, (outside of the major cities) or in rural communities voted to leave the EU, (brexit). As those areas declined dramatically due to policies being centered in the south of England, or Scotlands cities, with a political dam the rest attitude.

My point is that sooner or later everyone who is ignored by the main political systems, no matter where they live in the world, gives up on the politics and starts to follow an idea or person no matter how stupid or idiotic the idea/person is. Trump is just a manifestation of the way things work now, 100 years ago those who voted or followed such people or ideas, would have staged a revolution, now people revolt by saying that the system is corrupt and stupid, so we may as well have a stupid leader of the system.

And lets be honest, there is no one more self centered, and only for themself, than a politician.

• 21. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

That's very true, pziecina, and an undercommunicated point. "45" is a symptom, not the disease itself.

For a glimpse of the underlying cause, see the excellent documentary "Inequality For All", prominently featuring Robert Reich, economist and Secretary of Labor under Clinton. It's on Netflix (at least here in Norway).

• 22. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

jane-e  wrote

I am just now reading all this, and I must say that our president is despicable. Many of us won't even call him by name but only by his number: 45. (He is the 45th president.)

He did not win the popular vote. Clinton won by almost 3 million votes. But we have this archaic electoral college system that actually elects our president, and 45 won that by a narrow margin.

Since then he has not only been destroying our country and the world, he has been changing the government in a way that it will be hard to put it back.

So what am I wishing and hoping for?

Wait for it.

I don't want to wait until Korea starts a nuclear war with us. I want Europe to declare war on us now and save us from this tyrant. We don't seem to be able to do it ourselves. I hope that a declaration of war ends up being a wake-up call to the Republican Congress and that the war does not have to be fought, but we have to get rid of 45, Pence, and a couple of others. And we can't wait until the next election.

He is as bad or worse than Hitler.

Hi Jane,

some very strong and candidly held opinions from a true American lady. I think the one saving grace about having '45' in office (maybe 45 will be the number on his back when Robert Mueller puts him behind bars for twenty years, better still an apt 45 years) is it will force the silent majority in the United States to finally abandon partisan politics and see that politics matter and politicians are largely in it for themselves when left to their own devices. It should not matter if you support someone with a 'Donkey' or 'Elephant' emblem on their jacket because once in office a good president should, and usually does, try to heal political rifts and serve all the people not just a white base hungry for red meat. Much of what Trump has done can be reversed by a stroke of a pen as it has been done with presidential orders, but that is not true of the Middle East, which is his most serious mistake so far, or climate change or even the tax reforms passed last week. Europe cannot do much to help except shuffle it's feet and say 'what a horrible little man'  and where does he get his hair cut-Stevie Wonders on 41st Street in case you need to know

I'm English and see many parallels between our current government here and the Trump administration. I'd go further than that and say we might have made Trump possible as in the BREXIT campaign for the first time ever we allowed right wing politicians to directly tell lies to the people and get away with it -a model picked up later by the Trump campaign. It's based on the simple premise that they can tell as many lies as they want to get elected, but once in office can feel secure that the 'suckers' who voted for them can't do a blind thing about it-that's what happens when men with no honour come to power.

I do think you are right though that Europe will distance itself from America, but it will happen slowly. You have probably not heard of Jeremy Corbyn over there yet. He leads the Labour Party here and is like Bernie Sanders on steroids. Corbyn's party has an eight point lead in the opinion polls over Theresa May's Conservatives and if elected the relationship between the UK and the USA would change as we will move towards being militarily neutral and stop trying to be the world's policeman. If that happens Britain stops being of any use to America as we will not be buying submarines and seventy million dollar jet fighters from Lockheed-Martin and probably eventually will ask the US to withdraw their airbases as it just makes us a target. Ideally we will transition towards being a country far more like Sweden and Norway and mind our own business in world affairs. We won't have our former power and influence and because taxes will be high there won't be so many billionaires, but who cares Scandinavia offers a much better blue print for living standards for the majority and not the few.

• 23. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)
                                                      Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

jane-e  wrote

A narrow margin because Russia could only rig the election in a few key districts.

Ask yourself this.  How many people do you know voted for Trump?  I sure as heck didn't and nobody I know did either.    So who did?  It's ironic that Trump's mantra near the end of  campaigning was "the election is rigged. "  Well, he certainly got that right.

• 24. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

I know a lot of people who voted Trump but most of them just wanted HER out... its a two party system

• 25. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?
                                                          KJerryK MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I recently re-read a Rex Stout mystery, which I do from time to time. It was a Bantam paperback reissue of "Where There's a Will" printed 25 years ago and containing an interesting introduction by Dean R Koontz. Here is a short excerpt.

"Twenty years ago, when I was struggling to find my own voice as a writer, I was reading five novels a week in addition to putting in full days on a typewriter. (We didn't have the great blessing of computers and word processing software back then. But we didn't have freeway shootouts or Donald Trump either, so it wasn't altogether a less appealing era.)" copyright 1992 Dean R Koontz.

• 26. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

jane-e   wrote

A narrow margin because Russia could only rig the election in a few key districts.

Ask yourself this.  How many people do you know voted for Trump?  I sure as heck didn't and nobody I know did either.    So who did?  It's ironic that Trump's mantra near the end of  campaigning was "the election is rigged. "  Well, he certainly got that right.

I've read a bit on the USA gerrymandering, and as wrong as it is, it is still very clever by the sound of it.  From other things I have read, the Russians  were quite clever in how they targeted their 'bots' on social media sites choosing to influence where it would make a difference. Actually, I take back some of what I said about the Russians being 'canny' as they apparently made a poor job of covering their footprints, with the hire of UK servers easily traced to companies known to be fronts for Russian Intelligencehttp://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42056555.

Another thing about the Trump political machine that is so wrong, is that when he makes ludicrous claims like how he actually won both the Electoral Collage _and_ the popular vote, but was denied the latter because of voter fraud, and then sets up a commission to prove it and that commission has trouble backing up his claim, they try their very hardest to hide the results. (sorry about that long laborious sentence)  Not only are the public denied access to results that would make Trump look like the **** he is, even members of the Commission are kept in the dark.  Maine Secretary of State, Matthew Dunlap, has resorted to suing the Commission that he is a member of, for information gathered by that Commission!

Meanwhile weather event record after weather event record is broken year on year.  Hundred year floods are a yearly occurrence, the worst fires on record destroy huge areas of forest, hundreds of homes, and people die.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones rip through populated areas causing unprecedented damage, but Trump _still_ maintains that climate change is a hoax and ramps up the use of coal.  He has apparently gone quiet about the global warming myth since taking office, but that didn't stop putting Scott Pruit in charge of the EPA so he could deconstruct it and hand the best of America to big business.  It makes want to cry and I am not an American.

He claims to have a higher IQ than Rex Tillerson, and I am sure neither of them is stupid — Tillerson called Trump a moron, so he is definitely an astute judge of character — so what drives Trump to make decisions that the rest of the world find staggeringly wrong?  He obviously doesn't care a lick that his public backing of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will lead to massive conflict.  He is determined to deprive the poorest of American's of health care, while at the same time pushing tax breaks for the most wealthy of Americans.  Why can't the blue collar people who apparently voted for him see how wrong that is?  Not only is he doing his best to scare North Korea into a possible first strike, he is now setting Iran back on the path to increasing their nuclear capability.  But no slight can go unchallenged — and if it leads to WWIII, then so be it, as long as Trump's delusions of self importance are maintained.

• 27. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?
                                                              rodneyb56060189 Level 4

The title implies 'either / or '. I'm not sure that's fair to our potential for rational thought. If my memory is correct it seems to me that many political election cycles have passed in the U.S. (presidential and midterm, federal and state ) where candidates declare (rhetorically) 'the system is broken'. I'm not sure but I think many citizens are swayed by that point of view during political advertising and media coverage, as well as possibly some personal experiences that make them feel they are not being represented and respected properly. I also have a feeling that the U.S. major parties, being a republic of many states with varied economies and interests, have been finding it difficult to maintain a coherent focus, from the ground up, in the national committees. (My spelling is atrocious, please forgive me)

You may have heard of various caucuses in both parties. To recount the last batch of candidates for the primaries of last presidential election is unnecessary. All of them pronounced the system is broken. Maybe a little less broken for Hillary who wanted to continue some of the then current president's agenda, fixing only those things that needed improvement. That sentiment, brought about in large part by the candidates themselves, contributed much to the final outcome. Everyone knows about the emails and the meeting of Bill and justice dept. rep on tarmac, the basket of deplorable people and so on. And Comey's messing around with some challenged individual's, Anthony Weiner, laptop copies of insecure emails, etc. Senseless to go through all that again.

But in the end, is it really an either or situation ? Barzun wrote a book years ago called, 'The Culture We Deserve'. Could it be that we got exactly what we wanted ?  Part showman (like all politicians you might think, though that is not true really ). Part con man (like all politicians you might think, though that is not true either). My influence on events and reality of interactions with my community and so on, is governed by my own actions, etc. Not much is new under the sun, and history is a fascinating subject, so it is sometimes wise to try and keep things in perspective. As for people being critical of the U.S. (implication that all citizens of the U.S. are homogenously actively pursuing the ire of the rest of the world) it is not the first time. If I come to your country and you hate me when you find out I am an "American" (misnomer since there are north and south American countries galore), I will try to avoid you and not cause you grief by my presence. Since I don't travel anymore, that is very unlikely.

I type fast. this was long...whew...

• 28. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?
                                                                gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since the Popular vote losing to the Electoral vote is often brought up, a Wiki check reveals that it isn't the first time, but the fourth time in our nation's history this has happened:

United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote - Wikipedia

There was this joke going around when George Bush was elected:

A woman is hit by a car while crossing the street. The ambulance arrives and the EMTs start asking questions to ascertain head trauma:

How many fingers am I holding up?  "T-three."

What is 5 + 2?  "Seven."

Do you know who the President is? "Yes, unfortunately."

• 29. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

Or Wonder Woman. Maybe she can save us.

IMG_4635.JPG

He certainly tried to grab her by the pussy.

• 30. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I don't know anyone who voted for Trump either. But many of my friends, including me, are paying more attention to politics than ever with this monster in our midst.

He is a liar, bully, and predator, and is doing everything he can to destroy America. I haven't liked all of our presidents, but we have never had anyone this bizarre.

• 31. Re: Trump (branched from Re: Major Windows 10 update today)

Ussnorway  wrote

I know a lot of people who voted Trump

45 is racist, homophobic, sexist, Islamophobic, and xenophobic.

Many of my friends have said they can no longer be friends with anyone who continues to support this moron a year into his term. They can forgive the initial vote, but not the continued support as this man does his best to destroy our country.

Do they people you know have regrets?

• 32. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

KJerryK  wrote

... Rex Stout mystery ... "Where There's a Will"

...But we didn't have freeway shootouts or Donald Trump either, so it wasn't altogether a less appealing era.)" copyright 1992 Dean R Koontz.

We were talking about Victorian times, and I asked my 10-year-old granddaughter if she would rather live in Victorian times or now. I was pretty sure she would say now because of her love for all things electronic.

"Victorian times!" she exclaimed.

"Why?"

"Because Trump wasn't president then!"

from the mouths of babes...

• 33. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

I'm really fascinated by how 45 has completely dodged #metoo. How long can that last?

Is there really nobody willing to go on record? Or are they bullied into silence? I suspect the latter. There must be hundreds of cases over the years - we all heard the tape, we know how he thinks.

OTOH - the tape was published before metoo took off. What would the reaction have been if it became public today?

• 34. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

Obama clearly thinks there are similarities between Trump and Hitler if you heard the speech he gave last week in Vienna. Hitler used the Jews as escape goats responsible for everything and Trump uses Muslims. I myself wondered if he might be the Anti-Christ until I realised Satan wouldn't choose a complete moron to bring about 'the End of Days'

Pence isn't any better though with his wild ideas that you can cure homosexuality with electric shock therapy, why not go the whole hog and give all gay people a lobotomy? Pence even argues that smoking doesn't cause cancer-I wonder what sort of retainer he's on with the tobacco lobby?

Did anyone hear Trump's speech last week about resiting the embassy in Jerusalem? Towards the end his speech went very peculiar and he was slurring his words. He couldn't even clearly say 'God Bless the United States of America' without sounding drunk. The White House's current paid serial liar Sarah Huckerbee Sanders said he just had a dry throat, but a friend of mine who is a doctor suggested there were signs of Motor Neurone Disease there. How's that for a conspiracy theory? When I thought about that I remembered him holding Theresa May's hand at the White House in January. It emerged later that Trump is unsteady on sloping ground-another sign of a neurological problem? It wouldn't be the first time an American president had a serious illness covered up. Ronald Reagan's early onset Alzheimers was pretty obvious -in the end Nancy was finishing his sentences for him. 

• 35. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

jane-e  wrote

Do they people you know have regrets?

no... as I said they voted him to get rid of her

Trump is a clown yes but he is also the leader of the US for 3-4 years and that is the way the system is set up... a two party system has no good options

who can say what would have changed if she won... imo you would have more limited war (thats been her goto policy) and Trump got out of it by playing the Nuke cards. People beleaved him (and I do mean everyone) crazy enough to actualy do it so having a pluck a duck as leader worked in that one case.

• 36. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?
                                                                                rodneyb56060189 Level 4

The Civil War in the U.S. was a horrible battle .. not a war against someone else, but a war against each other. History proves that Lincoln prevailed as U.S. president. He is memorialized. In short, the hatred that festered afterward, on both sides, grew exponentially when he was assassinated. The south could not have representatives in Congress, the north sent all branches of govt. to the south to manage it (carpetbaggers, judges, businessmen, bankers (new money) and so on. To this day the south recalls the hurt they suffered and the outrageous horror of humanity taking advantage of their weakness due to loss of war. I have no clue where you people posting from here in this outpouring of anger, angst, and self centered mean spirit toward the office of the presidency ( no matter who is serving at the moment) but you might take a breath and realize there are many examples of hatred and serious challenges to opinions that are sometimes extremely different among all people ( even in a single family ). Get a grip, people, because you are ranting now and it does nobody any good to keep harping on your own tribal ( grouping together of like minds) importance. Groups sometimes form solely for the purpose to think themselves 'special' and 'better' and more cultured and intelligent than the OTHERS. You are doing that now. Big time.

Please stop it.  Get back to basics and start this thread again with less hatred and angst.

Please.

I will be moderated before I can post here, and I hope you (most of you are the moderators) will accept my point of view that my particular vote is private (last I heard, a vote is not a matter of waving a flag, but is a private matter ? ). If I voted for Trump, the way this thread is going, do you think I would get any Christian love from any of you ?  Please tone this back a little bit, because it serves no useful purpose to re-live some of the ugly history we have already suffered as human beings through world wars, civil wars and racial wars, etc.

Happy holidays everyone !  It's a beautiful time to love one another isn't it ? And use adobe products to express ourselves in vibrant an wonderful ways that give our children a chance to join us in art and technology, to be a family of mankind. Thank you. Rod

2 people found this helpful
                                                                                • 37. Re: Major Windows 10 update today
                                                                                  Cactus Cowboy Level 2

I'd like to say a whole lot but alas, I'm just an uneducated, poverty stricken white trash less than human living in a god-forsaken third world country called the Divided States of America. Come on give me a break will ya.

• 38. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?
                                                                                    Cactus Cowboy Level 2

I hate this damn topic, I hate these threads, I see a lot of acp's in a different way now reading these things.

• 39. Re: Trump -man of the moment or the greatest conman in history?

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

I'm really fascinated by how 45 has completely dodged #metoo. How long can that last?

Is there really nobody willing to go on record? Or are they bullied into silence? I suspect the latter. There must be hundreds of cases over the years - we all heard the tape, we know how he thinks.

OTOH - the tape was published before metoo took off. What would the reaction have been if it became public today?

Just as I wrote that, it seems to be happening.

1 2 3 Previous Next