• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export has "Choppy" frames. Please help.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been to every, single, forum on the internet, looking and looking for this answer.  I'm near completion on a project for a client, and for some reason when I export the footage, it comes out great except for a few spots where the image is choppy. I'll list the times when they're choppy so you can see. See the links below for the video

Jared no frame blend - YouTube

0.00.05 - 0.00.07

0.00.09 - 0.00.11

0.00.13 - 0.00.15

0.00.17 - 0.00.18

0.00.25 - 0.00.32

0.01.08 - 0.01.10

0.01.26 - 0.01.28

I added frame blending to see if this would fix it, it does in a way, but gives a very undesirable dream like state.  You can see it here.

Jared - YouTube

Footage was shot on a Canon 5DMarkII, raw footage using cinestyle.  All footage recorded 1080p, 23.98 fps. 

My export settings were as followed.

Premiere Pro CS6

H.264

1,920 x 1,080

Frame rate: 23.976

Aspect: Square Pixels (1.0)

Profile: Main

Level: 4.2

Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 1 pass

Target Bitrate: 20

Maximum Bitrate: 20

(I even tried a Target Bitrate of 15 with a max of 40 and it still had the same effect)

My computer hardware is running with the following

Windows 10,

I7 6800K CPU 3.40GHZ (Beast of a CPU, 6 cores and hyperthreaded)

32 gig ram

Nvidia GTX 960 4gig

Please, someone look into this as I'm losing sleep.  What is going on with this export problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

I have.  I've always shot in raw with my camera and never had this problem.  Finally found what the error was, and this is gonna send you on a trip.  I had to set the frame rate at "60" when exporting.  Not sure why but it worked like a charm.  I'm thinking because my sequence settings were set on "Timebase: 60 frames/second" and I couldn't change it.  Very very odd to me because everything was shot at 24fps.  But thank you for taking the time to look into it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>raw footage using cinestyle

My Canon camera doesn't shoot in "raw" so I have to ask... have you used that type of video in CS6 before without problems?

Do you have any effects or transitions applied at the times in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.  I've always shot in raw with my camera and never had this problem.  Finally found what the error was, and this is gonna send you on a trip.  I had to set the frame rate at "60" when exporting.  Not sure why but it worked like a charm.  I'm thinking because my sequence settings were set on "Timebase: 60 frames/second" and I couldn't change it.  Very very odd to me because everything was shot at 24fps.  But thank you for taking the time to look into it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is odd... have you ever used the NEW ITEM process to drag your video out of the import area and drop it on the New Item button to create a matching sequence?

I know that PPro is supposed to, and usually will, tell you that your video doesn't match your sequence when you drag a video to the timeline, but I have to wonder at a 24 video showing up as 60

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines