• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All video files in new LR CC classis say "there was an error working with video"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realized all my videos in Lightroom CC classic now do not play all say Error working with video" I have hundreds if not thousands of videos in my catalog I have never had a problem before. Please help.Many thanks in advance Holly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem you are having.  I just installed the Lightroom CC Classic 7.1 update but problem persists.  I hate to say it but Adobe's support has deteriorated to the point where there is virtually no support.  What's sad is that Adobe once had great support.  I guess as long as we pay our monthly subscription they could care less if the product functions properly nor do they seem to respond to problems posted on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some investigating and found that my .MOV videos will play but my Sony .MTS videos won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Worked with a tech for an hour trying to get it figured out.  Eventually, he said he had to go and would call back.  Never did.

Are you able to clear your video cache?  Mine locks up lightroom 7.1 on win10.  Seems possibly related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats encouraging.

i tried purging the cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck figuring this out? just upgraded my LR video catalog to Classic and presto now I can't play anything. Just get "There was an error working with the video"

File formats are .m2ts and .mts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Catalogs with videos that played before no longer work. Incredibly frustrating!

Mac OS High Sierra, LR 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Changed from LR 5 to LR CC and all videos (thousands!) are gone(can't be previewed or altered)! Extremly annoyed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through Adobe Support I fixed the problem. I had to uninstall and then reinstall as a Root user to fix permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't solve the problem. Lightroom Classic CC suddenly became unable to play all videos regardless of file types (mostly MOV or mp4) or import any video files. In addition to uninstalling/reinstalling, I purged the cache in LR and manually deleted them using Finder, too. Checked all permissions. Tried GPU on/off. Even created a new account. All to no avail.

I determined to give up using LR for videos. I've had video-related issues so many times with this software and wasted so much time. Adobe will never try to fix the problems. Really, they should remove video support from LightRoom if they are not willing to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines