2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2008 9:47 AM by Oliver Goldman

Install Badge offline?

Ronny Fischer
      Hey,

is there a possibliy to use the install badge offline? I produce an AIR-application for distribution on CD-Rom and so i need to have an install routine that do the same like the install badge, but offline. I tried to use it offline but there seems to be a security problem.

Did anyone get run an install badge offline?

Thanks all

Ronny
        • 1. Re: Install Badge offline?
          Dr. Fred Mbogo Level 1
          Why don't you just include AIR and your .air file on the CD-ROM, then add code to the installer to detect whether AIR is already installed so you can skip that step if not needed? The more powerful installer tools can launch external installers and resume when they complete. Once AIR is installed, launching the .air file will start the installation process.

The badge's primary value is in the online world, where you don't want to send AIR down to everyone because they may already have it.
          • 2. Re: Install Badge offline?
            Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
            While the badge does not run offline, you can achieve the same combined AIR/application install experience from a CD-ROM based installation. To do that, you'll need to sign up to redistribute AIR itself on your CD. After you sign up, you'll receive the file and instructions necessary to make this work. See http://www.adobe.com/products/air/runtime_distribution1.html

regards,
            Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering