• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Position and other attributes automatically have non-linear curves

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with a document where curves continue to appear in a non-linear way on a variety of objects and attributes. For example, I will create a new text layer, and place position keyframes on it, but the curve will have a strange dip in it that makes it move backwards a bit. I tried recreating another text box and placing it just above, but making the same position adjustments, and the curve dip is the same exact spot. Is something in my document causing everything to have this strange non-linear effect?

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 1.43.41 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

I don't have a lot of time to study keyframes in general for this specific need right now. I'm a student working on learning it, asking questions like this is part of the learning process.

Anyone coming here who wants the answer can look here:

Keyframe interpolation in After Effects

Specifically under "Change interpolation method with the Keyframe Interpolation dialog box." Essentially it appears that to get linear movement in small increments you need to set Spatial Interpolation to linear. Settin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to read up on how keyframes in AE work. Unless you enabled the "create linear keyframes" option in the preferences, AE will always create Bezier keyframes, with the added difficulty of temporal and spatial interpolation being separate for position keyframes. there's really nothing wrong, you just have to study up on those things instead of making assumptions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a lot of time to study keyframes in general for this specific need right now. I'm a student working on learning it, asking questions like this is part of the learning process.

Anyone coming here who wants the answer can look here:

Keyframe interpolation in After Effects

Specifically under "Change interpolation method with the Keyframe Interpolation dialog box." Essentially it appears that to get linear movement in small increments you need to set Spatial Interpolation to linear. Setting "Default Spatial Interpolation to Linear" will set future keyframes to this setting but will not change existing keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines