• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customers can't open my RH output

Explorer ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently posted about a customer's problems opening a project I sent her. I thought it was because security had been applied to the files but I no l onger think this was the problem. Now I'm wondering if the "blocked content" message is related to the problem. The first recipient did get it open after trying several things. She wrote:

"It took the help desk a while, but we were finally able to get in….they were not sure why it wasn’t letting me view as it should have, but saving the zip file to my desktop and then copying all the files out of the zip file on my desktop into a folder on my desktop seemed to work."

A second recipient hasn't tried the above solution but wrote:

"My computer is blocking this. Even when I say allow blocked content, it is making weird clicking noises and saying 'error on page'. Any ideas on how I should proceed?"

Could this problem be related to blocked content? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

You must extract all files from a zip file to a local or network hard drive. That's a Windows OS issue, I think, and applies not only to RH help.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have been better to tack this on to the other thread so that we could see what was suggested there.

As you are talking about zipping I am assuming webhelp is the output. As Harvery says you must EXTRACT the files, not just drag them all out. However, that would likely cause a different problem.

Are they trying to view webhelp locally?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know all the details about my two customers (who are in other parts of the country), but they're quite familiar with using zip files. The second note that I quoted doesn't sound like a zip problem.

The reason I didn't tack this onto my previous thread is that I previously thought there was some security issue about the files, but I now think I was on the wrong track, so it seemed like a new question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know for sure that the winzip file has been extracted using the Extract function. Because Windows can show what is inside a zip file and some files can be run from within a zip, sometimes it is assumed webhelp can be opened that way.

More likely though is that the help is being unzipped to a local drive. Either unzip it to a server or, better still, generate it with Mark of the Web ticked in the wizard.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Christopher -

Sounds like the same or similar issue as the "Turn off Active X" thread:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=451&threadid=1362145&e...

Try reading through the replies and see if they might be your solution.

Regards,
GEWB
(Denver, CO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp