Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying to DVD???

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Been having the most infuriating time of my life.

i've got some wedding films that I've been asked for DVD copies of.

How do I export the films from Premier Pro 2017 and magic them on to DVD disc (UK).?

Thank you please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

That's right; it's "magic"! lol. Sorry for that.

To play on a DVD player, you must "author" the files; you don't just copy them. Many users are now skipping disks and using on line versions, or just copying files to USB drives you plug into the TV.

For DVDs:

This is the link for info re using Encore CS6 with CC:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

You must install the library separately. See the link on that page for instructions.

See the link on that page to the "using" Enco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right; it's "magic"! lol. Sorry for that.

To play on a DVD player, you must "author" the files; you don't just copy them. Many users are now skipping disks and using on line versions, or just copying files to USB drives you plug into the TV.

For DVDs:

This is the link for info re using Encore CS6 with CC:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

You must install the library separately. See the link on that page for instructions.

See the link on that page to the "using" Encore with CC tutorial (Using Encore CS6 with PremierePro CC « DAV's TechTable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should tell your clients you don't offer DVD any more.  You shoot in HD.  They have an HD television.  You should only deliver an HD product.

Offer them a USB stick, which they can likely plug into their TV, or a Blu-ray.  If that means they need to go out and buy a Blu-ray player, so be it.  Everyone should have one by now anyway.  They're less than $100.

For Blu-ray authoring, I've used and like the following:

Blu-Disc Studio - Blu-ray authoring software

There's a leaning curve, but it's good software.  (And it only does Blu-ray, doesn't do DVD.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the Export part of your question, for DVD export as MPEG-2 DVD using an appropriate widescreen preset. For Blu-Ray, export as H.264 Blu-ray. The files produced (separate audio and video clips) will be compatible with Adobe Encore.

If using a Progressive source video like 1080p, then use a Widescreen Progressive preset for the DVD export.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines