Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SplashScreens for iPhone X stretch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have added Default-375w-812h@3x~iphone.png, and now I the iPhone X works perfect without black borders (important that somebody at adobe at this to the default needed splash screens). But we have a problem the splash screen appears ok, but it stretches for a moment before disappearing.

Anybody know how to solve this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check once with latest AIR 28 Beta (Download Adobe AIR 28 Beta - Adobe Labs). Also, for naming convention of launch images, please follow Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR​.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this naming convention, there is this missing image:

Default-375w-812h@3x~iphone.png

If you don't add this image, black bars appear on the iPhone X.

I'm not able to test it on iPhone X, since we have completed the testing with a company, and I don't have access to the device. Maybe someone has an iPhone X? If not I will try on the next testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For iPhone X, launch images with names Default-812h@3x~iphone.png and Default-Landscape-812h@3x~iphone.png need to be given. Please check once with these image names and let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I face issues with these images. Unfortunately if you don't add the one I told you before it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please specify the version of AIRSDK you're using. Also, can you please make sure if you're using launch images with correct sizes i.e. 1125X2436 and 2436x1125.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. The size is 1125x2436 and the AIRSDK is 27

And just to let you know, this problem is common since the solution is posted in another discussions in this forum. I found this image name Default-375w-812h@3x~iphone.png in here , so it is not my issue is a general issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check once with AIR 28 (Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK). We have fixed this issue in AIR 28.

The image name that you're using (Default-375w-812h@3x~iphone.png) is incorrect. Please follow the naming convention specified here: Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR​.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you, I don't have an iPhone X. As soon as I can (that it will be in quite a long time possibly) I will let you know.

And probably that naming convention works for AIR 28, it doesn't for 27 and 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Air 28 if you want to include a Splash Screen for iPhone X. Air 27 and lower do not support iPhone X on native resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app is a Landscape only universal app. I have tested using both Default-812h@3x~iphone.png and Default-Landscape-812h@3x~iphone.png (Using one, the other, and both) using AIR 28 Beta. ****SIMULATOR ONLY*****

Default-812h@3x~iphone.png puts the iPhone X in full screen mode, but also distorts for a split second when launching. When using debug mode in Animate CC the Flash Debugger always pauses during the distortion

var screenwidth: int = Math.max(Capabilities.screenResolutionX, Capabilities.screenResolutionY);

var screenheight: int = Math.min(Capabilities.screenResolutionX, Capabilities.screenResolutionY);

Returns 2436 x 1025

Default-Landscape-812h@3x~iphone.png leave the black bars on the iPhone X. Loads the iPhone 6 Splash

var screenwidth: int = Math.max(Capabilities.screenResolutionX, Capabilities.screenResolutionY);

var screenheight: int = Math.min(Capabilities.screenResolutionX, Capabilities.screenResolutionY);

Returns 2001 x 1025

I have tested on three different AIR apps with 28 beta and the iPhone X splash screen always distorts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try giving /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.1.sdk/ instead of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/ as platformsdk argument when packaging the application.

Let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/S DKs/iPhoneSimulator11.1.sdk/

Does not exist on my machine…. In Xcode 9.2 I chose to have 11.1 installed but it does not appear in the path listed above.

The path only has 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on 10.13.2 and Xcode 9.2, the equivalent test would be to use:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.2.sdk/

watch out for any spaces the forum puts into the text. Or don't worry, because the invalid input problem still happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

That makes sense. I am still on 10.12.6 so I don’t see the invalid input problem.

The stretched splash screen problem is still there using:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SD Ks/iPhoneSimulator11.2.sdk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check once with AIR 28 (Download Adobe AIR SDK). We have fixed this issue in AIR 28.

Let us know in case of any issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - this is affecting my game as well.

- I'm packaging the game with AIR 28.0.0.125 (the latest as of today, January 3).

- I've added two launch images, titled Default-812h@3x~iphone.png, and Default-Landscape-812h@3x~iphone.png

- On the iPhone X, the game launches with the correct splash image, but it appears to switch to the wrong image for a split second after launch. More specifically, it looks like it's taking the landscape image, rotating it by 90 degrees clockwise, and rescaling it to fit portrait mode. The image appears upside-down, and with its aspect ratio swapped.

Here's a dropbox folder containing my two launch images, and a movie of the game launching on an iPhone X. The moment before the launch screen has scaled all the way up, you can see the distorted image:

Dropbox - AIR_iPhoneXLaunchImageIssue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a bug for the issue here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed my issue, and it was indeed a user error. I had omitted the ~iphone suffix from my image names (so I was using "Default-812h@3x.png" instead of "Default-812h@3x~iphone.png").

I had to add the ~iphone and ~ipad suffix to *all* launch image file names to have Apple accept the build via iTunesConnect (previous AIR SDKs didn't require this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines