4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 4:41 AM by martind35455302

"Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application."

martind35455302 Level 1

Help!!

This bug is causing me no end of stress. I am currently undertaking a digitisation project, scanning things directly into Photoshop and then saving them.

Every time I go to save a newly scanned image, it comes up with this error. "Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application." It is not possible that it could be open or in use as it was only created seconds before and hasn't yet been saved.

My current tactic is to repeatedly attempt to save until it finally lets me, but this is sometimes after 6-10 attempts. I have no other programs open apart from Photoshop. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with saving onto a mapped network drive.

If someone has a solution to this I'd be very grateful, as I'm going slightly insane. I've read a few other threads like this but none have offered a solution to my specific scenario.

I have had this problem in CS4 and CS6 on a Windows 10 PC.

Thanks,

Sarah