• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible Malware?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Premiere (and After Effects, but not Photoshop or Lightroom) a pop-up windows opens, inviting to a "critical update".

Schermata 2017-12-11 alle 17.02.12.png

If I open the Review update option, the following web page opens (which is stored locally in var/folders/:

Schermata 2017-12-11 alle 18.12.39.png

On the web I found there was similar malware inviting to Flash update, so I didn't click anything. I could not find anything about Creative Cloud Applications.

Anybody had similar experience?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Hi lorenzob27026699,

That is clearly not genuine and could be a phishing attempt. I would not recommend to click on any of the options.

Can you please share the Spindump for the process (Premiere Pro)? Create Spindump File On Mac

Thanks

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lorenzob27026699,

That is clearly not genuine and could be a phishing attempt. I would not recommend to click on any of the options.

Can you please share the Spindump for the process (Premiere Pro)? Create Spindump File On Mac

Thanks

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a little more in-depth research and I found that the links on the html page were to the Fxfactory website.

I asked to Fxfactory support and it turned out it was a Core Melt plug-in update, which I made without any apparent problem till now.

Too much malware in the world, we loose confidence. But the graphics of the page weren’t adequate.

Tell me if you need an upload of Fxfactory conversation or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines