Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use XfInity streaming apps on computer - Firefox and Microsoft Edge

Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my computer to stream On Demand Content through Xfinity.  As of this evening I have been unable to do so.  I have been using Microsoft Edge OS 10.1.  I tried to use Monzilla Firefox and had the same issue.  I called Xfinity and confirmed the issue was with Adobe.  When I try to stream I am told I do not have Adobe.  I have downloaded the application several times with the same result.  Please provide information regarding how to resolve this situation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To investigate further, please provide the following information:

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge and IE on Windows 10.  All Flash Player for IE/Edge updates are released by Microsoft via Windows updates on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Unless Microsoft released early, there would have been no change to Flash Player on a Windows 10 system on the date you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 pro 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe 27.0.0.187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows pro 10 version 1709, os 16299.98

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to view video content with no issue.  Both Microsoft and Firefox disable Flash by default in the browser and force users to enable it, usually, on a per site basis.  Please ensure Flash is enabled in the browser:

If you're still experiencing issues after enabling Flash content for the given site, please post a direct link to the problematic content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines