Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

foxsportsgo "plug-in" failure safari and firefox - macOS 10.12.6

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: added os version to title]

I stream sports from foxsportsgo on my MacBook pro (running Sierra 10.12.6) a lot of the time, however lately I've had a problem with the stream stopping every few minutes (sometimes seconds) and giving me a "plug-in failure" page. I am logged in with my cable provider, have a decent internet connection, and the latest version of Flash (28). It happened to me also with 27.0.0 and I thought downloading the new version would help. Happens on both Safari and Firefox.Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 9.20.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd need more technical detail in order to understand what's actually happening:

Report a Flash Player crash or error

That said, if you haven't rebooted the computer since the problem started, that's the best place to start.

If the problem persists, you might just try a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).  Chrome uses an independent variant of Flash Player.  Safari and Firefox share the same plug-in, which is also an interesting data point.  It would be really interesting to know if the problem happens in either.

In general, what I see with a lot of video sites is that they insert commercials into the video feed, but they forget to free them.  This causes the data for the entire commercial to sit in the computer's memory.  Once enough commercials have stacked up, Flash Player will run into a condition where it can't allocate enough memory for the next chunk of video, and we'll exit.  Again, it's hard to tell from a screenshot whether or not this is what's happening in Safari, but it's a pretty common pattern, even among major broadcast sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted my computer (even installed an update)!

Downloaded the newest version of Firefox and set that flash to play without prompt. However, every ten seconds I get this error:Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.21.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Firefox, can you please do the following:

In the address bar, type about:crashes and hit enter

Click on the first couple links to submit them to Mozilla

Copy and paste the links to the pages with the results to this thread.

I'd be happy to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines