• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing Animated Gifs in bridge

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how it's possible that after all these years we still can't view animated gifs within Adobe bridge? This is so ridiculous and backwards, everything else can view them fine and I'm forced to preview my animations within my browser as Bridge simply freezes up whenever it tries to show an animated gif. To be fair i can see the first frame of the animation in the content / thumbnail window but whenever I try to preview the actual animation within the preview window or fullscreen preview or even the slideshow it always just shows a black window and basically freezes bridge up until I press escape.

This has always been an issue with bridge, on windows and mac across all versions, one that most people just accept and deal with. However my current position requires me to create a large amount of animated gifs for google ads and this really throws a spanner in my workflow. We shouldnt have to pay premium prices for top of the range products that cant even preview a simple animated gif.

Why is this so dam hard for you guys to fix and WHEN will it finally work like it should? As far as i'm concerned you are selling us a broken program and you have been doing so since the first version of bridge, totally unacceptable and unprofessional...fix your programs!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment Adobe? do you think you can just ignore this problem for ever??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi courtneyw98665068,

Thank you for sharing your feature request.

Request you to post it on Adobe Bridge Feedback  for voting and discussion.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, do not use Uservoice. Use https://feedback.photoshop.com for feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Request section in UserVoice site, so why not there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If users are aware of this site they will see it. Photoshop Family is meant only for some applications while all other produtcs have distinct UserVoice websites like for ex Adobe InDesign Feedback . Only Bridge has now 3 places monitored by staff:

Bridge Feature Requests

Bridge | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Feature Request: Hot (18 ideas) – Adobe Bridge Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question kind of confused me. Prior to Bridge2019 (Window 10, 64 bit), my GIF have always played in the preview window. Since updating to Bridge 2019 they won't play AND video files now freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jisaacjr,

Please allow cache generation of all files in the current folder and let us know if you still face any issues in gif playback or experience any freeze using Adobe Bridge CC 2019.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. Went through all preference item, and didn't the option you mentioned in your reply. Where I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is so lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi courtneyw98665068

I had the same problem with Bridge preview of animated GIF's (I have full Adobe CC license). The preview was just a static picture. I haven't tried with .ffx files but my video files (in different formats) works normally with full preview. I only had this problem on my home PC not on the PC at my work..?

I right clicked on the thumbnail of the GIF in Bridge Content panel - from the roll down i choose PURGE CACHE FOR SELECTION and that gave me the animated preview of that singel GIF back again - You can select all the files i content panel that doesn't have animated preview and bulk purge them.

When I had purged several of the GIF's Bridge froze. I stopped Bridge in Task Manager reopened Bridge, but now the possibility of purging the GIF's was gone, and none of the GIF's were animated in the preview panel. I restarted my PC and then the purge option worked again but the GIF files that I had purged previously were static again.

I hope this solution works for you and everyone else - until Adobe comes up with a solution (looks like that may take some time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines