• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge, Animate, Character Animator CC (2018) install failures. Error 145

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue updating Bridge CC 2018 during the installation the following error is being encountered.

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeBridge8.0-mul', version:8.0.1.282

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeBridge8.0-mul Version: 8.0.1.282). Error code: '145'

WARN: Destination path is file or already used "/System/Library/Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources/IOFWDVComponents.rsrc/Adobe Bridge CC 2018"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have followed the uninstall and cleaner advice and even when I completely remove all the apps and the CC app control panel on reinstalling I encounter the same problem, other than wiping the OS (High Sierra 10.13.1) I cannot seem be able to complete the update.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

I think I've found a workaround for this error.

To get the Bridge installation to complete, you must temporarily rename the file IOFWDVComponents.rsrc which is located in the folder /System/Library/Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources. However, this file is protected by a feature in MacOS called System Integrity Protection (SIP). SIP can be temporarily disabled in Recovery Mode (I found out how to do this here: macos - "restricted" folder/files in OS X El Capitan - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums,

Please try these steps:

- Open FInder

- Click on Go menu

- Go To Folder

- Type in the box - /Library

- Go To this path  Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources/IOFWDVComponent s.rsrc

- rename Adobe Bridge CC 2018 folder to Adobe Bridge CC 2018.old

Try to update the Application again.

Please do let me know if the issue gets resolved.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep,

When I get to the end of the path it looks like the IOFWDVComponents.rsrc-file is corrupted or locked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Erik

Skärmavbild 2017-12-14 kl. 08.14.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me.  I can't browse inside the file IOFWDVComponents.rsrc.

Adobe?  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to do a complete OS reinstall and after this I could install the updates, thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how having to reinstall the entire OS is "helpful" as Sandeep/Adobe hasn't responded back to the original issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really pushed to have this fixed and decided to do a reinstall of the OS it might not help but it solved my immediate problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sandeep,

I have the same issue as mentioned in this thread but I cannot seem to resolve it after trying all of the steps on Adobe's Help page for this particular error and reinstalling the OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found a workaround for this error.

To get the Bridge installation to complete, you must temporarily rename the file IOFWDVComponents.rsrc which is located in the folder /System/Library/Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources. However, this file is protected by a feature in MacOS called System Integrity Protection (SIP). SIP can be temporarily disabled in Recovery Mode (I found out how to do this here: macos - "restricted" folder/files in OS X El Capitan - Stack Overflow​).

These are the steps that I followed to complete the Bridge installation:

Part I. Temporarily disable SIP:

1. Reboot
  2. As soon as you hear the "Mac sound" on the grey screen, press Cmd+R to enter Recovery mode
  3. Open Utilities->Terminal
  4. Run the command csrutil disable
  5. Reboot, you'll land in the normal OS with SIP disabled

Part II. Temporarily rename IOFWDVComponents.rsrc

1. Open Terminal (Cmd + Space, type in Terminal)
  2. In the Terminal window, enter the following commands (enter you password when requested to do so in the second step):
    1. cd /System/Library/Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources
    2. sudo mv IOFWDVComponents.rsrc IOFWDVComponents.rsrc.temp

Part III. Install Bridge using the Adobe Creative Cloud application. (For me, normal installation completed without errors at this point.)

Part IV. Revert temporary changes

1. Open Terminal (Cmd + Space, type in Terminal)
  2. In the Terminal window, enter the following commands (enter you password when requested to do so in the second step):
    1. cd /System/Library/Components/IOFWDVComponents.component/Contents/Resources
    2. sudo mv IOFWDVComponents.rsrc.temp IOFWDVComponents.rsrc
  3. Reboot
  4. As soon as you hear the "Mac sound" on the grey screen, press Cmd+R to enter Recovery mode
  5. Open Utilities->Terminal
  6. Run the command csrutil enable
  7. Reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stafbulp, Kudos to youdos -- it worked for me.

Unfortunately, it worked after I naively fell for the "we wrote a magical, fix-all, utility" articles.

WHAT NOT TO DO:  (in 5 simple steps)

1) Uninstall all of the Adobe software from your computer

2) Download and run a special tool we accio'd into existence that will magically fix every problem that exists (or ever will exist) in our software. (remember, it does magic, so time travel is also yes)

3) Reinstall all of the software (glitches and all, minus several various random workspace customizations you spent hours getting just right)

4) While the software installs, take a long weekend and spend some quality time with your family or friends. Allot approx. 1 hour... I mean 3 hours... I mean 5 hours... I mean just a few moments... I mean 3.5 days for the software to complete its installation

5) Use your muggle eyes to observe with the I knew it wasn't going to work, deep and smoldering frustration that, alas, the problem still exists.

Thanks Adob-ama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I encountered the same problem with Bridge CC, Animate CC and Character Animator CC all 2018.

System is High Sierra 10.13.2

I tried (most) of the suggestions with no luck. I did NOT go down the route of < csrutil disable/enable > so can't comment on whether that works or not.

What did work for me was to Uninstall the app using its own uninstaller.

Download the app from here: Download Creative Cloud apps

When I did this I noticed that the only available download was the same version of the one I just uninstalled.

Anyway, install the .dmg.

Refresh the Creative Cloud app from the menu next to your sign in logo. 'Check for app updates'

This will change the status of the app concerned from 'Install' to 'Update'

Click Update and now it installs properly.

No reboots required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code 145:  Error was corrected for me using the reinstall link that swe_derekeh provided and then following his instructions. Make sure you wait long enough for the download to happen.  Refresh the cloud app and the install worked. Seems like the Retry button would work by itself but it does not.  Thanks swe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all suggestions and the only one that worked was the doabling of the SIP as described earlier in this thread by Stafbulb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the installer issue for Adobe Bridge and Adobe Animate CC (2018), and this work around (thank you for the very detailed instructions!!!), worked for me. It's happily installed both of these applications without issues.

I'd tried other things which resulted in my CC Desktop app turning into 'Start Trial' mode... which led to complete system wipe and reinstall... which fixed the 'Start Trial' issue, but didn't resolve the installation issues of Bridge and Animate...

Creative Cloud Desktop v 4.3.0.256

Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.2

The question remains though:

• WHY is the installation of some applications failing on High Sierra?
  • Is there a bug somewhere?
  • Is there a known cause for these issues (my system is super clean, I don't mess with it ever... I don't install dodgy software... all perfectly licenses...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed my Bridge install problem. Thank you. Though I just had to type in Terminal by faith because I had  no idea what commands I was using. But it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines