Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract manifest information from extension using command line tools

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is Swati. I am working on developing Adobe extension as well as Extension Installer for Adobe products using command line tools.

In its documentation, Adobe describes using various commands including install command. I am able to install the extension just fine, but right before installation, I want to display the details of the extension (like description, author, contact, legal and signing information) from the manifest to the user and then give option to install it, just as it used to display in Adobe Extension Manager. Also, display same information when the extension is clicked from the list of already installed extensions.

Any idea as to how to extract that information from extension manifest?

Any help is appreciated.

Swati.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The manifest is just an xml file so you just need to be able to read the file, what's the problem with doing that?

How are your writing the installer? What language and environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines