3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 8:17 AM by Tvoliter

Transition Effect Delayed

limitedwave777
      I'm resize and fade on a transition effect from state one to state two. State two is an enlarged version of a photo in state one. When states change, the image seems to load, then display in full without the transition. One click on the image changes states back to state one, it goes away. Click on the same image again and it plays with the transition perfectly. I've tried using StartDelay on the effect but it didn't work. Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Transition Effect Delayed
          slaingod Level 1
          There are two different events that need to have effects for it to always play: show and creationComplete. When you first create a component, it is already visible, so the show event doesn't fire.
          • 2. Re: Transition Effect Delayed
            limitedwave777 Level 1
            I don't understand this answer! Could someone possibly clarify? I've tried moving tags around...nothing seems to help. And I removed the target="{}" tag from the effect also, no luck. ?
            • 3. Re: Transition Effect Delayed
              Tvoliter Adobe Employee

I believe the reason that the resize effect on the image does not play the first time that the transition plays is because the image isn't loaded yet. The image starts to load when it is first used, but it doesn't load fast enough to appear in the transition.

Here is an example of this issue:

State 1

Image not present (it shows as gray in the Layers panel)

State 2

Image at 200 x 200

If the Transition State1 > State 2 tries to Fade In and Resize Image, then you may not see image, because it wasn't loaded in State 1.

To fix this use this structure:

State 1

Image present but invisible (In Layers panel the eyeball should be off, but the text for the item should be black instead of gray indicating that the item is actually in State1)

State 2

Image at 200 x 200

Now the image will already be loaded when State 1 is viewed, so it will appear correctly when the transition State 1 > State 2 runs.

Ty