• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aliasing in Avid DNxHD Quicktime output

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in AE CC 2017 (version 14.0.1.5)

Wondering if anyone has had any issues with aliasing on Avid DNxHD quicktimes when compared with the in-AE preview.

Image_001.png

I've attached an image of the problem.  What I'm seeing in AE is fine, and exporting a PNG sequence gives me nice results but when I render Avid DNxHD HQx 10 bit files I get some serious aliasing on the thin red linework on this character.  Getting similar results when I encode the PNG sequence as an MXF in AME.

Just hoping this is something I don't have to "live with", I frequently have to write off some aliasing as un-fixable but when what I see in AE is good, and PNGs are good my gut feeling is that the Quicktime/MXF should look good too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Turn off GPU-based rendering and encoding if it appears in other accelerated CoDecs as well and then debug your graphics hardware and driver. Perhaps it's time to think of buying a different/ better graphics card.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some bugs with this DNxHD stuff, so at this point your only option is to wait and hope they get fixed. And no, this shouldn't look good in QT automatically simply because QT is dead as per Apple and everyone has to muddle through with their own custom implementations of the CoDecs. Compatibility issues are inevitable. Not that this would be anything new - especially DNxHD has always been touchy even in the olden days, so one might even call it "holding up old traditions", even if they are bad ones...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I did think it was something to do with the QuickTime Avid DNx HD, I get the same results in MXF too though. I really want to avoid rendering image sequences for final shots if possible.  It's a real pain you can't render MXF directly from AE anymore too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off GPU-based rendering and encoding if it appears in other accelerated CoDecs as well and then debug your graphics hardware and driver. Perhaps it's time to think of buying a different/ better graphics card.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines