• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I "change style" of my signature? The "change style pull down does not offer any other styles -- they are all just the basic printing of my name? (Windows, Acrobat DC, recent update)

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always added a signature via the "Fill & Sign" function for basic forms. I did so as recently as two days ago. Now, my previously saved signature (which I've used for a long time) no longer comes up as an option to use. When I try to create a new signature, all I can do is type my name in the box -- the "Change Style" tab does not have any options for additional "styles" of signature. I need to be able to use a signature that LOOKS LIKE a signature, but all I can get now is a basic printing of my name.

I have tried the directions here: Signing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

And I know that I could use the "Certificates" function -- but I do not want to do that. I merely want to reproduce a signature-looking image and then protect the document -- but the "signature" function is not working properly for some reason.

I have rebooted the computer, checked settings, done every single thing that I could possibly think of -- but a function I have used for years no longer works.

Windows

Acrobat Pro DC (institutional license copy)

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that your institution have changed the setup? Some options send files out of house and get blocked for security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unlikely -- as there is nothing on the IT/Software institution site saying anything about it and it is not a function that would be suppressed.

I can "create" a new signature -- I just don't have any options to change the font/format of the text itself -- so the "signature" I can create is just printed text. There is a problem somewhere/somehow with the drop-down "change styles" function -- there are no "other styles" to change to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem, Adobe support told me to uninstall-reinstall.  This was AFTER they were askingME which font was missing.  I was pretty skeptical of their recommendation.  This is Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.  The change styles function is still fine in Adobe Reader.  I too understand how to use the other methods.  My 'institution' has not changed anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines