Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut Problems

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm having problems with the last photoshop update and my keyboards shortcuts.

The main problem is when :

I have my brush selected. I press E to go to the eraser, then press my shortcut for "decreasing brush size" : Photoshop switch back to the brush tool.

The same happen the opposite way or with any tool.

I think it might be a problem with the spring loaded function. Because if I do :

Have the brush selected, Press Z for zoom, alt + click to zoom back, B for brush tool, space bar to navigate the canvas, release, it goes back to the zoom tool.

Sometimes the problem even happen in those situations :

I erase something, B for brush, paint 2 strokes, press Z, photoshop dont load the zoom tool but to the eraser.

I've tried to reset my preferences, keyboard shortcut, everything, everything is fine in CC 2017 but dont work in 2018.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

CC 2018 handles brush preset differently, incorporating Tool Presets, so some presets are tool specific.  Check out Julianne Kost's blog article about it:

Adobe Announces New Features for Photoshop CC 2018 « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you tried to reset your software by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift when pressing to open it ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 handles brush preset differently, incorporating Tool Presets, so some presets are tool specific.  Check out Julianne Kost's blog article about it:

Adobe Announces New Features for Photoshop CC 2018 « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thank you for answering.

Actually I knew about the changes for brush and tool preset but thank you for the link.

Also I tried to launch the software by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift but even with that, I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem

Ctrl + Alt + Shift  Not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines