• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any issues with High Sierra on Mac?

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I upgrade to High Sierra, are there any known issues with Muse and High Sierra?

I have in mind that there were some in the beginning of High Sierra and the current muse update (at that time).

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Muse has been tested exclisively on High Sierra considering some critical issues with InDesign and Ai, and Lightroom.

And as per our internal testings verything works good.

@Uwe, prior upgrading the system you may also opt for having a Virtual Machine with High Sierra to test, and later upgrade once you have more confidence.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this combination since some weeks, and don‘t see any issues at all. Since my iMacs don‘t have a single SSD, but are using a „Fusion Drive“ they actually don‘t (can‘t) use APFS. So I can‘t say anything about Muse on this new file system.

Nevertheless I‘d suggest to kick of a Time Machine backup before updating.

By the way: Since the very first edition of OS X (now known as macOS) I never performed a “clean install“. I always installed a new system version „over“ the old one. On new machines I used a TM backup initially. All my machines are running perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there difference between SSD and Fusion for Muse? What´s APF?

TM Backups are recommended since the beginning before upgrade, so this won`t be that big deal.

I didn`t use since the beginning anything other than "clean install", I guess (?), since I always had a backup as recommended.

I don`t care about the machine itself but about Muse and High Sierra.

I don´t have to stress that much about High Sierra so … .

Thanks,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hope not!

I have a new iMac arriving next week and the first question I had was about using Muse on that system. Was reassured it works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Apple and Adobe are 'joined at the hip' as far as making sure all Adobe products will run on Apple computers you can be assured that Muse and High Sierra have been fully tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neox99: Unfortunately you definitely can’t be sure about that. The lists of  incompatibilities in the past often were quite long. There indeed were some – not many, but quite crucial – issues with High Sierra and Illustrator/InDesign, which are now ironed out with the last releases of macOS and CC applications.

And yes @fotoroeder, there is a difference between „SSD only“ Mac and „Fusion Drives“ (= combination of a small SSD and a standard hard drive):

On „pure SSD Macs“ and „pure hard drive Macs" Apples new file system (APFS = Apple File System) is replacing the old HFS+ file system during High Sierra installation without alternative. In early betas of High Sierra APFS was implemented for fusion drives too, but Apple pull it it back in the release version for unknown reasons, and announced, to add APFS in a later release of High Sierra. 

APFS is very fast, comfortable and SSD friendly, but has – may be(!) – some traps especially for Adobe applications: Up to now, all Adobe applications refused working, if you configured your file HFS+ file system as „case sensitive“. APFS is case sensitive out of the box. But as I am not aware of any bug reports related to this potential issue, I assume, that all works fine in this case too. But, as I said, I can’t assure this.

By the way, am I the only one, who can’t get the „reference“ feature (= @somebody) to work any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure enough that next week I'll be putting my entire list Muse projects on a new iMac (obviously running High Sierra)

EOC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should we doubt this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Neox99  may be a believer, I´m not. Nothing is fully tested anymore, if it ever were tested. That´s, why we backup, right? We are beta testers and I have in mind that there were some issues right at the beginning with Muse 2018 and High Sierra.

Could one of you ankushr40215001​ or Preran have some reliable information about this?

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team never was aware of issues in this constellation.

Just search for „High Sierra“ in the Prerelease Forum, Uwe, and you will find 2 related threads. Even a search in this forum doesn‘t reveal any substancial issues. So, update your system and be lucky !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse has been tested exclisively on High Sierra considering some critical issues with InDesign and Ai, and Lightroom.

And as per our internal testings verything works good.

@Uwe, prior upgrading the system you may also opt for having a Virtual Machine with High Sierra to test, and later upgrade once you have more confidence.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ankushr40215001​, Thanks Günter Heißenbüttel​. I appreciate your input very much.

Best Wishes to you,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines