Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Narration timing and slide changes

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm developing a software simulation in CP9 and I'm having difficulty having slides transition in the middle of a narration.The main reason this is  an issue for me is because I'll be inserting professional narration to replace my grumbly voice.

Do people who work with professional narrators have the narrator read fragments of sentences to be placed on each slide? I'm finding that as I record the simulation some of the actions I'm performing are spread over a few slides. For example I'm explaining that you can select a window and click and drag the window to change its size, that example ends up being spread over 4 slides with some of the transitions occuring mid-word.

I'm really interested in workflow best practices for inserting narration. I feel like I'm missing out on some key information here to make this easier. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally (doing my voice overs myself) I prefer an audio clip for each slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

I would like to have one clip per slide, a whole sentence preferably, but it seems as though some interactions break up the narration such that the slide changes mid sentence.

Do you typically speak about what you're doing, then do it? Maybe my issue is that I'm trying to explain the action as I'm narrating what I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been creating VO for software simulations, indeed. You can have a look at the movie in this article, where I did create audio clips for each slide:

Timeline - Advanced Workflows - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll take a look at home as I can't access the video from work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources