• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to replace missing fonts in Photoshop CC [2017]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have missing fonts when I open the Photoshop document. I choose "type > resolve missing fonts", where the only fonts listed to choose from are fonts that are already in the document.

To try to solve this, I made a new text layer in the document with all the fonts that I would need (bold, black, etc.).

I went back to "type > resolve missing fonts", and all the fonts I need are now displayed as options. Yay! However, I go through the whole list and choose the right fonts that I need to switch to, then click "Resolve Fonts", and absolutely nothing happens.. literally. The resolve missing fonts window closes, and the missing font layers still have the yellow triangle showing.

If I try to edit the text layer, it reverts to Myriad Pro. SO ANNOYING.

I'm on an iMac, using the most updated Adobe CC. All fonts that I want to use are installed and functional. Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the font, please? sometimes fake or illegally downloaded font's don't work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotham (bold, black, book), and Stratum No2 (bold, black). They're standard fonts that I've had and used for years. Downloaded legally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems pretty clear to me that Adobe is forcing users down the Typekit path. There's no way to select and replace individual fonts in Photoshop anymore. They removed the functionality so that we have to use Typekit. Would love to hear from someone at Adobe that this isn't true, but something tells me it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly what these dangerous "evangelists" people at Adobe do: try hard to rule the World !

May 2018and the issue is still there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem replacing helvetica with arial!!

Choose Resolve fonts, select Arial, click resolve fonts...tada! nothing happens.

If i instead choose REPLACE all missing fonts, it replaces them with myriad pro, no options between the step to select anything else. just auto replace based on what photoshop prefers, which i would imagine is useful .001% of the time.

For the record, this issue is occurring on my windows machine. (Brand spankin new pc, fresh photoshop install)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that font installed on you iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering similar issues on a Windows 7 machine running the latest version of CC 2018.

It appears I change change everything to Myriad Pro but still get warning and I'm now uncertain what's been changed and what hasn't/

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you're signed in, missing fonts usually have something to do with being sync from typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm signed in. However, sync from typekit doesn't work and Photoshop won't allow me to select a system font. It's hugely irritating and frustrating.

Generally, I'm preparing client files for Print and when they use fonts I don't have I need to replace them, as it is Photoshop is just painful to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The_Badger,

I can't speak to exactly what's happening with Photoshop replacing fonts but I can speak to the Typekit side. Typekit can only sync fonts that are available in Typekit. Above, they mentioned Gotham, Arial, Stratum No2*, and these fonts aren't available in Typekit's subscription library.

You should be able to replace fonts from Typekit if the fonts are in the library or have been purchased on your account. If you're trying to replace/sync a font is available and it's not working, please reach out to us directly: support@typekit.com and we'll look into it further.

Cheers,

Benjamin

*Stratum No2 can be purchased on Typekit but is not available in the subscription library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything posted that mentions fonts gets moved to this thread. Not helpful.

I have a long-standing client and I need to carry out some updates, but since CC2018 has been installed I cannot see any fonts that are not Typekit. The font in question is Rockwell - not available on Typekit.

In simple terms, and for the benefit of everyone else that is having this problem, tell me how I can use non-typekit fonts in your applications.

If I cannot use non-typekit fonts anymore using Adobe products, please do us all the courtesy of telling us that, or do we send the invoice to Adobe for the time lost trying to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eatmorefish,

First, I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. I can confirm that Adobe apps are not blocking you from using other fonts installed on your computer. We want people to know that Typekit is an option but this is not meant to block the use of fonts outside of Typekit.

Now, that being said, I would like to see if we can figure out what's going on here. There is a TK filter in the font menu for most Adobe apps. This filters down to just the Typekit fonts on your system to make it easier to find recently synced fonts. If you click it again, all the fonts installed on the system will show up.

I'm not sure that's the issue you're seeing but it sounded close enough to mention it. I hope that helps. Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

I don't see a filter in Photoshop. In the menu all there is under Type is Add fonts from Typekit. There is no filter option that you mention.

If you know where it is, please post the simple steps to get to that filter.

Kind regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The filter is as shown below,

Red is to access the font drop down, Blue is where the filters are applied (Typekit, Favourites, similar)

Green is what is being displayed (TypeKit is selected in my case)

If you’re not able to access this, you may be using an outdated version of PS (I’m not familiar which version of PS this was introduced)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't close to the original topic which was replacing missing fonts.

Going through every layer is a bloody waste of time.

Really irradiated by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about replacing missing fonts, which I couldn't. The last reply from Charles has worked, so resolved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange still only lets me do one at a time..

Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting a few screenshots of your PS window and the font with the Typekit filter applied, then another with no filter?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't make this video, but it is exactly what the OP is saying.

How to Resolve Missing Fonts in Photoshop CC. Sometimes. Maybe. - YouTube

Maybe in the next few year Photoshop will adopt the Illustrator method of replacing fonts. I hope it is not the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020, same problem here as OP. Working on a Mac Pro w/ Mojave, using Suitcase with Google Fonts. Replacing a missing font in a document with a font that already exists in the document does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now November 2023 and Adobe is still yanking us around with this stupid issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnh99259726 this post is 6 years old. If you are having a current issue with Fonts and Photoshop 25.1 please post a new thread with details to better assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines