Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling line art from imported paths while maintaining single stroke weight

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am very new to this. I recently learned how to maintain a consistent stroke weight when scaling a path in AE. However, I have not been able to find a way to maintain a consistent stroke weight when scaling imported art such as an AI file. Is this even possible? I have imported a layer from AI which has only a few paths, all strokes are the same weight. When scaled in AE I would like the stroke weight to stay the same, not scale. I'm hoping these is a way to do this other than bringing all the paths into AE separately.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

No, there is no way. As long as it's a solid file, AE treats it as such - an abstract container. It has no way to peek inside. Any other options only become available when you convert the artwork to shape layers and a stroke effect is created. Of course you can re-organize the shapel ayer groups to facilitate your workflow - applying a stroke to the entire group will apply it to all paths in the group - so you don't have to deal with reduzndant stroke controls and separate paths.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way. As long as it's a solid file, AE treats it as such - an abstract container. It has no way to peek inside. Any other options only become available when you convert the artwork to shape layers and a stroke effect is created. Of course you can re-organize the shapel ayer groups to facilitate your workflow - applying a stroke to the entire group will apply it to all paths in the group - so you don't have to deal with reduzndant stroke controls and separate paths.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

I ended up converting the file to shape layers as suggested and it works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines