• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Pixel unit of measurement

Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a PNG and I noticed pixel dimensions I can see in AI are not the real dimensions of the same file exported. For example this dimensions pixel.pngactually are pixel2.png

I'd really need to understand why and solving this issue to send the right file dimensions to clients given that I already had problems about.

Thanks in advance

Win 7

CC 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

The pixels don‘t exist until you export. Just work out the size you need in INCHES and design in that. For example if you know you need 450 pixels at 300 ppi, that is 1.5 inches. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone could help me please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI doesn’t design in pixels. when you choose pixel sizes it pretends a pixel is 1/72 inch always. If you export at 72 pup they happen to match, but you need to think in inches/mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I always did and always all was fine but I just got a client expressly asked me to provide him the file with XY pixel dimensions and AI has driven me off the road so I would like to know please what is the math to do in order to get in AI the REAL pixel dimensions in 300 or 600 ppi . I wasted a huge amount of time yesterday trying, failing and re-trying to get the right dimensions just to save the design in the right dimensions and it's a joke working in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pixels don‘t exist until you export. Just work out the size you need in INCHES and design in that. For example if you know you need 450 pixels at 300 ppi, that is 1.5 inches. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the math I needed to know. Thanks a lot Test Screen Name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines