8 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2008 8:13 AM by Mike_King

ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials

Mike_King Level 1
      I have added the first 10 tutorials on ActionScript 3 to my website.

These video tutorials cover an Introduction to ActionScript 3, Properties of MovieClips, Using variables in ActionScript 3, Functions in ActionScript 3, and MouseEvents in ActionScript 3. There is a brand new format to the tutorials that I would really appreciate feedback on.

So far I have uploaded approximately 5 hours of video that cover these topics. The next groups of tutorials are on Timer Events and the EnterFrame events in ActionScript 3. These are already written they just need to be recorded, produced and uploaded.

Let me know what you all think of the content so that if changes are needed for future tutorials I can implement them.

I look forward to seeing you all in the forums.

Let me know what you think.

Mike
      www.FocusOnFlash.com
        • 1. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
          CHAOS'|nc. Level 1
          Will check em out for sure. :-)
          • 2. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
            teacher_needs_help Level 1
            Wow, you are an angel! I never knew that people created websites where others like myself, novices at Flash, could come and freely learn. I hope someday when I have learned the ins and outs of CS3 and can create wonderful learning adventures for the children I teach that I can tell my students that it was people like you who made it possible. I am preparing to watch your tutorial on creating simple buttons and will watch them all. With much gratitude - your friend, Patti Pike
            • 3. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
              motleyscrewed
              Dang, very nice Mike! I checked out one tutorial & it was extremely well done. Easy to follow & very informative.

Thanks!
              • 4. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
                Level 7
                teacher_needs_help wrote:
                > Wow, you are an angel! I never knew that people created websites where others
                > like myself, novices at Flash, could come and freely learn. I hope someday
                > when I have learned the ins and outs of CS3 and can create wonderful learning
                > adventures for the children I teach that I can tell my students that it was
                > people like you who made it possible. I am preparing to watch your tutorial on
                > creating simple buttons and will watch them all. With much gratitude - your
                > friend, Patti Pike
                >

www.gotoandplay.com

and there are countless, literally hundreds of sites...

--
                Best Regards

Urami

--
                "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                </urami>
                • 5. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
                  Level 7

> www.gotoandplay.com

sorry, that will be http://gotoandlearn.com/
                  :)
                  confused with flash's action script gotoAndPlay();

--
                  Best Regards

Urami

--
                  "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                  If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                  </urami>
                  • 6. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
                    Mike_King Level 1
                    Thanks Patti,

I appreciate the input. I will be adding additional tutorials every week for the next few months to finish out the ActionScript 3 group of tutorials. Then it is on to a new project. Developing a complete website using Flash CS3. Unlike most of the information out there, it will be done in ActionScript 3.

Most of the information I have seen on Flash CS3 is actually using ActionScript 2 code.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike
                    • 7. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
                      Mike_King Level 1
                      Thanks for the feedback motleyscrewed, I like the name remainds me of a band many years ago.

It is feedback that will help me further develop the site.

Mike
                      • 8. Re: ActionScript 3 Video Tutorials
                        Mike_King Level 1
                        Urami,

gotoandlearn is an excellent site. I have learned many things from Lee and the way that he shares information. The difference in the sites is that Lee assumes that the people that are members of his site are experienced Flash developers, which most of them are. He goes right into how to do specific things with very little information as to why they are doing it that way. This can actually confuse someone new to the language.

I have geared my site for people that are trying to learn the programming language and the interface in Flash, I spend alot of time making certain that I explain the concepts so once they understand the concept they can develop there own ideas using those concepts and then develop their own apps.

There are many good sites out there, you are right. But I hope that if I gear the information to the very beginner to the mid-range developer I can find my nitch.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike