• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caps Lock Error

Participant ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I apply any effect to a layer in After Effects, I get the message "Refresh disabled (Release Caps Lock to refresh view)". My caps lock key is disabled. I can get the message to go away by double pressing the caps key, but any time I do anything, even something as simple as moving the playhead, the message comes back. I have tried restarting AE and updating to the most recent version, which still did not solve the problem. This makes it practically impossible to get any work done. I am using the built-in keyboard on a 13" mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system language? Are you using any system tools to remap keys or insert special characters? this very likely has nothing at al lto do with AE. some external tool is simply interfering.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System language is set to English (US)

And no, I am not using any special system tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you trashed your preferences?  The preferences file can get corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not. How would I do that? I tried restarting the computer and it worked temporarily, but the problem later came back. If it was a corrupt file, would restarting have fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines