Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

_satallite is not defined

Level 2

I am trying to  implement Adobe analytics in AEM  Geometrixx sites using DTM. I have followed all the necessary steps to implement adobe analytics in AEM Geometrixx site as referred in this  link(excluding target configuration). I  have done this steps before few days , at that time it was working fine. Now it shows me the error as _satallite is not defined  on the applied page of Geometrixx. I had  tried the staging header and footer  code  and still its not working so I have tried  production header and footer code  as recommended to be placed  in head and  body of page .

Thank you.

Screenshot (6).png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

This error means the DTM library (header tag) is not present at the time the browser executes the footer tag (_satellite.pageBottom).

Possible reasons:

• The header script tag is not output at all
  • Async and/or deferred attributes were added to the header tag so the DTM library which may cause timing issues between it loading vs. the footer code
  • The header script was changed to be dynamically output (e.g. with createElement/appendChild methods), which may also cause timing issues
  • Possible you have other code on the page overwriting _satellite object. This seems unlikely, but I have seen this happen before, with clients who attempt to make a dummy _satellite object as a placeholder or level of error prevention (but didn't quite code it correctly!)

(Sidenote: If you did either 2nd or 3rd point, this is an unsupported DTM implementation).

Not sure what else can be said here without further details / access to the site.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

This error means the DTM library (header tag) is not present at the time the browser executes the footer tag (_satellite.pageBottom).

Possible reasons:

• The header script tag is not output at all
  • Async and/or deferred attributes were added to the header tag so the DTM library which may cause timing issues between it loading vs. the footer code
  • The header script was changed to be dynamically output (e.g. with createElement/appendChild methods), which may also cause timing issues
  • Possible you have other code on the page overwriting _satellite object. This seems unlikely, but I have seen this happen before, with clients who attempt to make a dummy _satellite object as a placeholder or level of error prevention (but didn't quite code it correctly!)

(Sidenote: If you did either 2nd or 3rd point, this is an unsupported DTM implementation).

Not sure what else can be said here without further details / access to the site.

Level 2

Actually  in geometrixx website the property is applied in author mode but if I see the site in view as published mode then it shows me the error as _satallite is not defined. And I applied the same property to geometrixx media site. In the geometrixx media site this property is successfully applied in both "author mode as well as in preview mode".

Screenshot (7).png

And in Published mode:

Screenshot (8).png

Please help me with this issue. Thank you