• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion Widget is Not Moving Other Page Items Down When Expanded

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with that problem for 2 days and finally my patience has broken and I ask somebody to help me out.

I can't understand why that easy stuff isn't working properly... It freaks me out.

Problem:

Accordion Widget is Not Moving Other Page Items Down When Expanded at 320 breakpoint. At 1200 it works as it should be.

I've done everything(used all advises in that thread) in order to solve that problem. Nothing helped me.

The file is attached. LINK

Thank you.

[thread link edited by ussnorway... fyi that thread is 3 years ago and the fix posted is for a verson of Muse that works different to 2018]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Günter, I attached the file where I deleted all content which had nothing to do with my issue.

My problem: Accordion Widget is Not Moving Other Page Items Down When Expanded at 320 breakpoint. At 1200 it works as it should be. Screen capture:

capture.PNG:

To understand what I mean by saying "...I had to delete a rectangle which was under widget" You just have to delete white rectangle under the widget and It will work as it should be.

I hope I made it clear to you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the fact, that a responsive breakpoint at 320 px makes absolutely no sense (or do you know devices, which are smaller in width than 320 px?), I don’t understand the structure of your pages/elements at all. I think, with no precise explanation, help won’t be not really possible.

There is a status button with a hamburger icon which is defined to do – nothing at all. And there is outside the page width a states button containing a vertical menu.

No idea which element you expect to push which other element(s) down.

Besides this: The elements are pinned to the browser. That means: Even if these elements would be defined to push other elements down, they can’t, because browser pinned elements are defined not to influence (push downwards/upwards) other elements.

That is quite logical: What should such a pinned (menu) element push down, if for example a high text frame or image is floating behind and is partially covered by the menu element like in this simple example:

Menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter, don't bother to understand my structure. I finally understood my problem.

I had to delete a rectangle which was under widget and also I had to make sure that rectangle which was under widget is stretched to browser width.

Nonsense.... I didn't even think about it.

It is an interesting thing how Adobe can "care" about their clients time by making some nonsense stuff like that.

Thanks for your swift answer as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… would be nice, if you „care about the helpers time“ and provide a file, which shows your issue. I, for my part, had no success at all, to see, what you were describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, I attached the file where I deleted all content which had nothing to do with my issue.

My problem: Accordion Widget is Not Moving Other Page Items Down When Expanded at 320 breakpoint. At 1200 it works as it should be. Screen capture:

capture.PNG:

To understand what I mean by saying "...I had to delete a rectangle which was under widget" You just have to delete white rectangle under the widget and It will work as it should be.

I hope I made it clear to you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed my last post, because I obviously misunderstood your problem/solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines