2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 10:55 AM by slmille4

Scaling and clipContent

Jason_Flexer
      Each time I use transform.matrix.scale to scale a container I find that it overflows the parent container when scaled greater than 1 regardless of clipcontent. For example, if an HBOX that was in a VBox was way larger than the VBox and the VBox clipContent is set to true then unscaled the content of the HBox is is clipped. However, if you use transform.matrix.scale to increase the scale of the HBox it would overflow the parent VBox... Anyone know a work around for this?
        • 1. Re: Scaling and clipContent
          Jason_Flexer Level 1
          While I would still like to know if there is a solution for this post, I would like to point out a workaround that I found. Instead of using the container's transform.matrix to scale, I simply set the scaleX and scaleY properties of the container. It does scale the scrollbars though which is unnacceptable in my application and therefore requires manual scrollbar code. Nonetheless, the scaled content does not extend beyond the container which was the desired result.
          • 2. Re: Scaling and clipContent
            slmille4 Level 1
            Does anyone know a solution to this? I'm having the same problem as well.