• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble playing samples, sequences, crashing

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with sample files provided in the Premiere tutorials, as well as created an audio cut without much trouble. However, today I opened the Premiere and it wouldn't play the media samples I was trying to use, even on the audio project I had played earlier. The play button in the top-right window would turn into a square and was unresponsive when I tried to change it back, while the media itself would not play. Premiere has been freezing when I try to exit the program, even after saving the project. I've tried rebooting my computer (Intel Core i7 w/12 gb RAM, plenty of hard drive space, latest version of Windows 10), reinstalling Premiere, scanning my computer for viruses (no issues detected), and continue to have various issues of unresponsiveness in the program. Please help

premiere snip.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same Problem, after 10 or 15 min of using premiere pro i scroll down in my Browser and the Videos must be reload and then there is coming the yellow screen, no media.

Playback from my project is only with sound no video.

Now i can Save the Project and then i will close the Programm but nothing happend.

I have to close it with the Task Manager.

If i open Premiere now, my Project is loading but no Playback.

I must Restart the PC and then it Works for a few Minutes.

Windows 10 64bit 16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you switch the output from hardware to software? Can you provide the steps to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don´t know in eng but i try

Project Settings -- generell -- then the first drop down, renderer.

But, yesterday my premiere hangs and i think the settings to software was not saved so i used next time gpu in 4 hrs.

But if i would try to render the movie i get an error named gpu failure.

I switch to software and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately, this did not work either; I'll continue looking

for a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.

I search in the Preview Videos and then after a view minutes i get a grey vid.

If that happen all other vid become the yellow pic.

now the prog is crashed.

I will save the project, klick save under and i become the blue corner from Windows.

The prog is crashed and i cant save it.

There is no different between GPU and Software use.

In 2 Days now i get this realy often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday it i see one of the previews get a gray color so i know that the Programm hangs and save the project.

Know i will open that project and it is empty.

So i go to project open and the only thing that comes is the blue circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I found I have the Intel HD Graphics 520; while it may be that this graphics system is inadequate to run Premiere, is there a possible reason my computer was able to run Premiere before, and if so, can it be used to make the program work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I also updated the graphics driver and Premiere still didn't work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change the output from Hardware to Software and i can work 4 Hrs without crashes.

My Grafik is an R9 390 with 8 gb.

I don´t know the Intel HD ... but i think there is no difference between software and Intel HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines