Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rainbow Wheel of Death

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

About 5 minutes into my edit PP keeps freezing and the rainbow wheel just spins. I then have to force quit the program. everything is all up to date and it was working fine up until Friday when the Mac updated Pro video formats. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jason Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 17.59.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

It could be an issue with permissions. Please follow the steps in this article https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/permissions-mac-os-start-adobe-applications/

& let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Have you tried the steps in this article? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE, I'm running into the exact same problem. The only difference is mine seems to crash progressively faster. I'm writing this after Premiere gave me the rainbow wheel of death 30 seconds into what must have been my 10th attempt at force quitting and restarting the program. It is infuriating.

Please, someone help. I followed the steps in that article, and it only made the issue worse.

I'm running MacOS Sierra on an early 2015 MacBook Air with a 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewdle25,

Sorry for the trouble. We need more information for investigation. What are your system specs(RAM, GPU model number)?

What is the exact version number of Premiere Pro? Steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

What is the location of the footage? What is the footage file format & codec?

Are you logged into the machine as an Administrator?

Is this happening with all projects? What is the selected renderer in the project settings? Steps: FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Vidya!

RAM: Two memory slots w/ 2 GB apiece at 1600 MHz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 6000

Premiere: Version 12.0.0 (Build 224)

I'm not sure about the specs of the video, but I transferred the files from an SD card to my harddrive and the suffix is .MTS. I am logged in as an admin. It is happening with all projects. I switched my render settings from OpenCL to Metal a few days ago, per the advice of a different forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines