2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 10:26 AM by D Fosse

Assets Generator: How to embed color profiles?

MadMuffin

Hey Guys,

I want to use the assets image generator plugin in photoshop CC 2018 for the employee's pictures for a website.

The pics are generated without a color profile, do I have to embed the color profile manually or is there a way to automatize this step too?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Assets Generator: How to embed color profiles?
          mark@headTrix Adobe Community Professional

hi!

As far as I know, I don't think Generate Assets exports the color profile... which in most instances is probably a good thing for web graphics since it will help reduce the file size. However with showing Products or clothing where EXACT color is necessary, then the Color Profile could prove useful.

Another shortcut for exporting your images (where you can INCLUDE the Color Profile, is File>Export>Layers to Files..)

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 9.29.16 AM.png

or you can also convert your profiles by going to Edit>Convert to Profile...

this article also talks about how in most instances you would NOT want the Color Profile

https://goo.gl/nDfwy9

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

mark

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Assets Generator: How to embed color profiles?
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

An sRGB profile is 3 kilobytes. If you think that increases file size unacceptably, by all means. But I think it's cheap insurance - considering that all major web browsers today have full color management.

If 3 kB extra file size is no consideration, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to strip the profile. None. Zero. All downside and no upside.

But yes, it seems to be the case that Generator strips the profile and there's no way to change that.

2 people found this helpful