Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create expandable buttons which display images or text

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobrat XI Pro, i am trying to creat a pdf and within the PDF i want to have buttons. When the buttons are clicked an image or text will pop up that u can exit out of it when done reading.

Is that possible within adobe?

Thanks

Naji

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A button can be set to display a dialog object with image and/or text in it, or it be set to show a different button field, again with image and/or text, which can then hide itself when clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a script. A dialog is an extremely complicated object, especially with images in it, so I'm not going to go into that.

You can easily set up a field that shows/hides another field. Buttons have this as a built-in option in their actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I'm a complete novice when it comes to ADOBE.

Are there any step-step instructions on how to do this.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to create and edit form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I do.

I'm able to add the button then I'm in options but do not know where to add the images that expands when clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you create two button fields. One is the trigger (let's call it "Trigger1") and the other an image (call it "Image1").

You set the image as the icon of "Image1" and set it as hidden. As its MouseUp action select "Show/hide field" and set it hide itself.

Then set the MouseUp action of "Trigger1" to show "Imgage1" and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines