1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2008 5:13 AM by SujitG

Problems with IExternalizable interface

Ash4Or
      Hi everyone,

I am relatively new at Flex and am having writing a sample using the IExternalizable interface. I have a Java object on the server side that I want to send to the Flash player. I have searched through the older posts on this group and on various other blog posts but not much help. I am attaching the sample code.

Both the Java files are compiled and put under D:\lcds\jrun4\servers\default\flex\WEB-INF\classe! s. I debugged this more and the method MyView::getResults is being invoked and the method ResultObj::writeExternal also gets invoked successfully but on the browser side I get the following error

ArgumentError: Error #2004: One of the parameters is invalid.

And then I get the following error:

displayFault called, [FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Didn't receive an acknowledge message" faultCode="Server.Acknowledge.Failed" faultDetail="Was expecting mx.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage, but received null"] messageId="CEE768B6-6010-738A-C432-5C83918438BE" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

So I am guessing the browser side doesn't know to construct the object ResultObj.as. If anyone can shed some light on how to fix it that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
      Ash