• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No eye gaze?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I am having an issue with eye following- the puppet isn't moving her eyes at all. I checked if pupils weren't marked as pupil range, they were marked just as pupils. I thought It might have to do with the fact that I didnt make circles for the character's eyes, but two almonds, since her eyes are half closed. I put decoy circles behind the puppet's makeup and tagged them as pupil range, but there's still no movement. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Hello Rameez,

Shortly after posting this question, I realised that mistake. It was still not working. Then I thought the almond shape of the eye might be the problem, and in fact, it was. It was a bit complex to fix, as I had to mask the eyeball behind the few makeup layers and the facebg layer so that the unwanted part of the whites isn't visible. Thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ArtLone,

Did you create the puppet in Photoshop or Illustrator?

Did you add the + symbol while naming the eye layers [such as +Right Eye & +Left Eye]?

Also, you should see a little crown icon on the left of your these layers when you're in Rig mode to make sure the eyes are moving independently.

1.PNG

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez,

Shortly after posting this question, I realised that mistake. It was still not working. Then I thought the almond shape of the eye might be the problem, and in fact, it was. It was a bit complex to fix, as I had to mask the eyeball behind the few makeup layers and the facebg layer so that the unwanted part of the whites isn't visible. Thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you figured it out.

- Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU. For the life of me I couldn't figure out my issue. It was working fine in low resolution but in high resolution the eyes would not budge. Turns out it was the shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines