3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2017 7:51 AM by RameezKhan

No eye gaze?

ArtLone Level 1

Hello everyone! I am having an issue with eye following- the puppet isn't moving her eyes at all. I checked if pupils weren't marked as pupil range, they were marked just as pupils. I thought It might have to do with the fact that I didnt make circles for the character's eyes, but two almonds, since her eyes are half closed. I put decoy circles behind the puppet's makeup and tagged them as pupil range, but there's still no movement. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: No eye gaze?
          RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Hey ArtLone,

Did you create the puppet in Photoshop or Illustrator?

Did you add the + symbol while naming the eye layers [such as +Right Eye & +Left Eye]?

Also, you should see a little crown icon on the left of your these layers when you're in Rig mode to make sure the eyes are moving independently.

1.PNG

Thanks,

Rameez

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No eye gaze?
            ArtLone Level 1

Hello Rameez,

Shortly after posting this question, I realised that mistake. It was still not working. Then I thought the almond shape of the eye might be the problem, and in fact, it was. It was a bit complex to fix, as I had to mask the eyeball behind the few makeup layers and the facebg layer so that the unwanted part of the whites isn't visible. Thanks anyways

• 3. Re: No eye gaze?
              RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you figured it out.

- Rameez