1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 11:21 PM by 99jon

Lr fails to install

Wanderer2 Level 1

I have purchased the Ps and Lr products. I am able to install Photoshop CC but I can’t install Lightroom CC.

Installation Failed: Unable to create symbolic link.

Exit Code: 156
      -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
       - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroomCC-mul', version:1.1.0.201712011016
      FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroomCC-mul Version: 1.1.0.201712011016). Error code: '156'
      WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\Tom\Documents\..\Desktop\Lightroom CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lightroom CC directory is created at \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC and it seems to contain all the files.

Light Room is an allowed app (lightroomcc.exe) through a Windows Controlled folder (C:\Programs Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC).

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Lr fails to install
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like there is a problem creating the desktop icon through documents, rather than directly. Try the executable, if it exists.

Go to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC

Inside the Adobe Lightroom CC folder scroll down to the files beginning with "L" and you should find lightroomcc and lightroomcchelper. If they are present, double-click on lightroomcc. If the program launches, you can pin it to the taskbar.

Otherwise try uninstalling and then install again. It may be necessary to create a new admin user and install in that new account. If successful, the application will then be available to all users and you can switch back to your regular user account.

1 person found this helpful