1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 9:56 AM by John T Smith

Photoshop CS3 Freezes

ultimatethreat

Photoshop CS3 freezes whenever I try to import and never unfreezes. I have to close it with Task Manager. I'm running Windows 10.

Here is a crash log:

The program Photoshop.exe version 10.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 1094

Start Time: 01d379b391a6f203

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: b326a800-1634-4e64-bb52-aeda5bfa5e4c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[CS3 is not part of Creative Cloud... moved to program forum... Mod]

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS3 Freezes
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system