Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving text on multiple pages at once

Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2000 pdfs in 1 file.  There is a text box in the same location on every pdf (note the text box contains different information on every page).  I need to move that box up the page about an inch.  How do I do that in all 2000 pdfs at once?  I do not want to manually move the text box on every page as that would take for ever.  Thanks for the help!!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Hello Showboat,

As Gilad D correctly mentioned that there is no such option available in Acrobat to automate moving text/images on a PDF page. However, this can be achieved by JavaScripting. 

To remove/erase the information around the text box, you can use Search and Redaction feature, for detailed information, please refer to Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to automate moving static text on a page. What is possible, though, is to redact (or hide) the old text and then add the new text using a comment or a text field, which can then be flattened and converted to static contents. This will require a custom-made script, though. If you're interested in hiring someone to develop such a script for you feel free to contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com and we could discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of moving the text box on every page,

Would it be possible to erase the information around the text box on every page at once?

I am try to export the pdf to excel, but the information before and after the text box that I need the information from, messes everything up during exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Showboat,

As Gilad D correctly mentioned that there is no such option available in Acrobat to automate moving text/images on a PDF page. However, this can be achieved by JavaScripting. 

To remove/erase the information around the text box, you can use Search and Redaction feature, for detailed information, please refer to Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines