3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 12:59 PM by Sue Garibaldi

CRASHING REPEATEDLY HELP

SamLitxo

i use this for all of my logos and designs, I usually never have trouble but I cannot get it to stop crashing. I deleted the app and re installed it but it is still crashing as soon as it starts to open. I use an IPad Pro, and I’m really started to get frustrated I have a lot of designs to do and this as been going on for a day and a half. PLEASE HELP.

• 1. Re: CRASHING REPEATEDLY HELP
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Samlitxo.

I'm sorry about the crashing.

Are you using Capture CC? I know this sounds unrelated but if you are using it, please sign in to Adobe Creative Cloud with your Adobe ID and tell me how many Capture shapes you have in any SINGLE Capture library.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CRASHING REPEATEDLY HELP
            SamLitxo Level 1

Yes I use Capture CC a lot, i have 120+ shapes in ny capture library, is this the reason Adobe Illustrator draw keeps on crashing?

• 3. Re: CRASHING REPEATEDLY HELP
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Samlitxo.

Yes. I think so.

You don't have to delete your shapes, but you're going to need to spread them out. So instead of having the 120+ shapes in single library they'll be in 5 or 6 libraries. It's a bit time consuming, but pretty easy to do and you can do it online.

* Go to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries

* Tap on the library with your shapes; the screen it opens on will show all of that libraries assets

* Each asset has a small pulldown triangle in the lower right corner. Click on that.

* From the menu that opens choose either Archive (if you no longer want the shape) or Move (to move the shape to a new library)

* After clicking on Move, a new menu will open with the ability to drop the shape into an existing library or to create a new one.

You'll want to create about 5 additional libraries (each with 20 or 30  shapes). You only have to be concerned with shapes. No other Capture assets are problematic.

Separating the assets into multiple libraries should resolve the crashing you're experiencing in Draw.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful