3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2008 2:58 PM by Gregory Lafrance

[flex builder, air] does not embed the files

MasterOfAir Level 1
      Hello all!
      I am using Flex Builder (3.0)to create a "desktop application", an AIR file.
      "file/export/release build/"
      I create the installer package with no problem, although for some reasons it does not "embed" the files, for example the images I used in the main page are not included in the installing package...

In particular it shows the "INCLUDED FILES" but it does not actually include them...

It works on my machine because the paths are correct, but I can see that the small size of the .air installer is small like 300kb.
      I have also the same issue on the same application as it does not "embed in the installer package" the ".SWF files...

I confirm that they are displayed in the "included files" list....

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: [flex builder, air] does not embed the files
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          How are you referencing your files in the app, i.e. what syntax are you using to embed them?
          • 2. Re: [flex builder, air] does not embed the files
            MasterOfAir Level 1
            Hi there! thanks for having answered my question!

For example:
            quote:

<mx:VBox x="167" y="233" width="325" height="293" id="kid12">
            <mx:Image source="C:\\AIREssentialTraining\\Flex\\BibleWorldExperience\\Assets\\ImgAndrewHead.png" height="251" width="292"/>
            </mx:VBox>

Or:

quote:

<mx:Canvas width="1024" height="768" label="TropicoInterface" id="TropicoMain" backgroundColor="#FDFCFC" x="0" y="0" borderSides="0" autoLayout="true" top="0" left="0" right="0" bottom="0" >
            <!--try with this in the canvas maybe: top="0" left="0" right="0" bottom="0"-->

<mx:SWFLoader x="0" y="-7" width="1024" height="768" source="c:\\AIREssentialTraining\\Flex\\BibleWorldExperience\\Assets\\26JuneReallyFINALCo coAnim.swf" top="-25" left="0" right="0" bottom="0"/>
            <mx:Button label="Quit" fontSize="18" click="Interfacestack.selectedChild=main" width="82" x="929" y="2" toolTip="Return to the main menu" />
            </mx:Canvas>

So this one for example is how I refer them:
            <mx:SWFLoader x="0" y="-7" width="1024" height="768" source="c:\\AIREssentialTraining\\Flex\\BibleWorldExperience\\Assets\\26JuneReallyFINALCo coAnim.swf" top="-25" left="0" right="0" bottom="0"/>

I also had a look prior asking, and I tried like "[Embed(source="")] " but it did not let me compile!

• 3. Re: [flex builder, air] does not embed the files
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6
              Your images will not be embedded unless you use one of the methods using Embed. See these FB3 help topics:

About embedding assets
              Syntax for embedding assets
              Embedded asset classes