• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not recognizing NEF files

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, when I shut off my computer to leave town 3 weeks ago everything worked fine. PS CC was recognizing my NEF files (Nikon D810) for the past 2 years, I've been on the cloud for 3 years and been working in PS since the 3.0 version, so I know what I am doing.  Since I got home and turned on my computer it won't open any NEF file!!!   I've read the previous responses, have updated my OS, tried using older version of PS CC and nothing is working.  HELP!!!  I am a pro photographer and need my NEF files!!!! Any ideas???

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop General Discussion)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do mean by "Won't Read NEF Files"? What error do you get?

PS doesn't read NEF files. Adobe Camera RAW does.

I'm moving this post to the PS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your camera raw version (help>about plugins>camera raw)?  (it needs to be 8.6 or better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the CC and it says that my Camera Raw is up to date, yet it’s the 8.0 version…I am also operating on PS CC 2015.5 yet there seems to be an updated PS CC 2017, that it isn’t updating to. This all worked fine before I left and nothing changed, it doesn’t make sense. So do I have to uninstall (an option it’s not offering) and try to install the 8.6 version, I would think that it would be updated when I go on the CC…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud Desktop App and Sign Out. Then Sign back in and see if you get any newer updates.

PS is up to 2018, Version 19 IIRC.

ACR is at V10.1

When asked for the Exact Version Number and told how to get it, it is best to do as asked so everyone, including you, knows what exact version you have installed.

What OS are you using Windows or Mac OS X and the Exact version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I’ve been trying to get into my Apple account and can’t. I am on Mac OS 10.9.5. Once I upgrade the operating system, I’ll update this chat.

Thanks for your help so far….very informative…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after updating our os

restart your computer and check your cc app for available updates.

after updating your ps, you should be able to open your nikon pics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please post the exact version number of PS. Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines