This is more than likely some type of permissions problem as MS has gone the way of Apple and it seems that with every new update they change drive, folder and file permissions.
Not sure where to start.
Slightly amusingly it also affects the Classic CC trial product but worse because task manager is unable to kill it, come on Adobe!
nope, enough presses on kill task on task manager batters it's way through eventually, seemingly like another nail in Adobe's coffin.
I have put all of the exclusions in place on the Exploit Protection to no odds.
Tried that too, been rummaging for the last couple of hours - the only things definitely dead at the moment are Genie timeline and Lightroom.
Just had a call with Microsoft support and the problem is entirely with Adobe according to them.
If only someone from Adobe monitored their official support forum, the forum that is the only way to raise a support request for the product.
Really rather disappointing. Perhaps if I keep raising the same call I will get a response.
It's not Adobe LR.
Look at this thread.
Really if it was something LR did you would expect to see Hundreds of Thousands post about it. A Google search turns up not many report of this error.
It is some type of configuration error with your particular computer setup. I personally have never seen this error in the 15 years I've been using PS and the 11 years I've use LR.
I fully expect Microsoft have screwed up again, I've tried various of the redistributables - the link you send is certainly given as a common answer but is now out of date and cannot be updated.
I have also tried the Adobe 13p a minute help line - cost be better part of £1 before they got as far as a human being who did quickly agree to call me back in 30 minutes rather than me running up a bill - that was a couple of hours ago now.
However, thank you - you twigged a thought, while I have repaired both the x64 and x86 versions of the product and reinstalled the later versions (I can see 7 subsequent versions listed) I hadn't uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled visal C++ 2010 redistributable x86 and x64 (just to be clear which this time) and indeed it works.
Who knew it could be so painful. SQL Server VSS Writer died during the original steps and was fixed by reinstall of 2012 redist, now to see if Genie timeline will play ball again.
Happy now - thanks for the pointers!