• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do export and burn BDs with Dolby 5.1 audio for review

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with everyone else... this was a — move by Adobe. I wasn't in the middle of a project like many others have been, but I do export and burn BDs with Dolby 5.1 audio for review. Removing the Dolby encoder without warning while still charging the same price as before was bad business. Between stuff like this and other — they've been running lately (like breaking things they know are broken but still haven't fixed) it's tick tock for Premiere in the professional workspace. For Adobe to say "just upgrade your Windows OS" - guess what?!? I'm on a Mac... this break can't be fixed the way you're telling me to fix it. ADDITIONALLY, I shouldn't have to.

Here's the thing Adobe... Apple tried to tell people to throw their workflow out the window and change to way APPLE thought they should edit when they released FCPX. Professionals don't want to necessarily change their workflow and, as such, Premiere saw a HUGE influx of new users who thought it was arrogant of Apple to disrupt their professional workflow just because they wanted it done another way. Adobe... you're teetering dangerously close to making that same mistake with things like this. Look, I don't care if you take away native Dolby support as long as you offer some way to get it back that doesn't involve regressing the editing software or changing the machine OS to do so. If it's a 3rd party plug in... fine, but so long as there's an actual workaround to get editors back to zero. You didn't even offer up a warning. You're quick to announce additions or fixes, but suspiciously quiet about things you take away.

I have a very specific need for the Dolby encoder in Premiere. I even paid for the Surcode plug in years ago. You've — up my workflow and things I'm able to offer clients and you've seemingly shown little regard or concern for that. Maybe it's time for me to get reacquainted with Final Cut... at least Compressor can export an .ac3 5.1 file.

Moderator: Warning. Do not use profanity. It is against our community guidelines. People of all ages read these forums and profanity is unacceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a very specific need for the Dolby encoder in Premiere. I even paid for the Surcode plug in years ago. You've — up my workflow

I'm confused.  That plug-in still works fine even after the change.  How did Adobe mess you up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines