• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 randomly quits with OS High Sierra (10.13.2)

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my Mac to High Sierra and photoshop CS5 runs smoothly as far as I can tell until I try to print something.  I can get the page overview screen to come up but the second I try to send it to the printer, Photoshop closes. Doesn't crash or freeze. Just quits. I realize this may have something to do with the update but why would everything else work, but that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this site: https://blog.conradchavez.com/2017/09/25/macos-10-13-high-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/#preCC

".....If you still depend on those old versions for serious production or need information about a specific feature (especially “does it work with my printer/tablet/scanner etc.”), you need to set up a test system to verify your workflow on High Sierra before upgrading your production system (see How to test macOS 10.13 High Sierra yourself below). And if your tests determine that your programs won’t run well under High Sierra but you want to upgrade, consider maintaining a system on a spare hard drive or partition just to run an older version of macOS for those applications...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your photoshop cs5 updated to version 12.0.4?

In photoshop cs5 go to Help>System Info and the top line is the Photoshop Version.

It's also prudent when updating from one version of mac os to another to delete related photoshop preferences files in

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences

such as

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings folder

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Paths

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines