Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I inviting Disaster and Billing Emails

Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to the $23/mo. monthly plan about six months ago and used it for all my .pdf needs.  I use .pdf for personal court filings involving lots of exhibits.

A few days ago I purchased PDF Element6 Pro for $90. 

Question 1:  In attempts to head off future Disaster:  is anyone aware of any glaring deficiencies in PDF Element6 Pro ?  It seems to actually exceed functionality and robustness of Acrobat ...but I am just waiting for that moment I need it most and something bombs.   I knew  Adobe Acrobat was industry standard in a big way so I went with it.     So if anyone knows of a 'gotcha' coming from PDF Element please advise.

Question 2:  What is the correct way to stop receiving billing email for Acrobat?  I deleted all Adobe Acrobat software (including Reader) from my computer using Glarysoft Pro's uninstall feature.  I still get Emails advising me my subscription expired.  I did not see an 'opt out' on the email.  I don't mind getting them but it does sort of make me sad/guilty because Acrobat always functioned when I needed it..sort of like I abandoned an old friend.

Thank you from Andy Clark 

EDIT [private info removed - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

On reflection I think you SHOULD find and use the Cancel button in your account. It depends on the terms of the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should cancel your program not just stop paying. Deleting the software is basically irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a monthly.  I was paying twice as much per month and understood from agreement i was not under obligations.

I suppose occasional Adobe emails are ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On reflection I think you SHOULD find and use the Cancel button in your account. It depends on the terms of the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, was this a monthly plan paid monthly, or annual plan paid monthly? from the price I think it’s the second. If it is an annual plan paid monthly you promised to pay for the whole year and may be pursued for unpaid bills. Cancel immediately and you may get a partial rebate. Run into the next year and you may be due another years payment. DON’T IGNORE EMAILS, YOU ACCEPTED A CONTRACT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines